Cobham plc, the UK's third biggest defence company, will exhibit at the Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibition, DefExpo event, during 11 - 14 April 2018 at the Arulmigu Nithyakalyana Perumal Temple in Chennai, India.
DefExpo presents a world-class showcase of the global aerospace, defence and security industries. The biennial event is organised by the Indian Ministry of Defence and fully supported by the government of India.
Cobham has a strong relationship with its Indian customers and industrial partners across multiple military platforms, extending over more than 40 years. The company is using DefExpo to explore new opportunities, grow its footprint and develop its partnerships in India. With established offices in Delhi and Bangalore, Cobham is now partnered with a number of Indian companies and Government owned organisations, including TATA and HAL. Cobham is also proud to have been selected to provide the launcher solution as part of the Matra BAE Dynamics Alenia (MBDA) contract to deliver Asraam for the IAF.
Cobham’s booth is located in the UK Pavilion, Hall 5 2.1c and will be open daily, displaying products and capabilities with subject matter experts on hand to provide further information, as per the Exhibit Hall’s hours:
- Wednesday, 11 April – 0900-1700
- Thursday, 12 April – 1300-1700
- Friday, 13 April – 0900-1700
- Saturday, 14 April – 0900-1700
The Arulmigu Nithyakalyana Perumal Temple is located at Thiruvidanthai, Thiruporur Taluk, Kancheepuram, East Coast Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Cobham plc: key capabilities:
- Cobham is a world leader for the supply of air to air refuelling systems, weapons carriage and release equipment, navigation and communication antennas, SATCOM equipment and slip ring and rotary joint subsystems.
- The company is a key supplier to the to the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) programmes.
- Our equipment is at the cutting edge of technology and is in use on almost every advanced military aircraft in the world, including the F35.
- Cobham’s family of Advanced Missile Launchers (AML) are designed to be compatible for carriage with most combat aircraft, including LCA Tejas, Hawk and Su-30.
- Cobham’s comprehensive range of air to air refuelling systems haven be chosen to equip Boeing KC46, Airbus A330 MRTT, KC135 and KC-10. In addition, Cobham provides bespoke air refuelling solutions for today’s front-line fighters to enable buddy-buddy refuelling capability; this includes the IAF SU-30MKI.
- The company also provides the UK military EW and aggressor training.
- We have been the UK’s military helicopter training provider for the last 20 years and now have an international training centre for overseas customers in both basic and advanced techniques.
Cobham’s exhibit will include technology such as:
- Market-leading supplier of advanced, ultra-reliable integrated systems for avionics, radar, surveillance and Satcom applications and prime designer and manufacturer of high performance microwave antenna solutions for customers large and small worldwide.
- Antennas include a UFO and MUOS vehicle mount antenna, the GD2100, a high performance multi-port antenna for VHF and UHF communications, the GD2049, and antennas for Ground-to-Air (including Link16), high gain antennas and vehicle mount antennas.
- World leading ground penetrating radar, the AMULET modular detection system, suitable for fitting to a variety of platforms, from small robotic systems and UAV’s to the largest of military vehicles.
- Foremost anti-jam GPS System, providing up to 100 times more resilience to jamming for land and air platforms.
- Leading manufacturer and supplier of lightweight telescopic composite masts. High performance lightweight telescopic masts, designed for a wide range of communications applications.
- Comprehensive range of weapons carriage and release solutions covering air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities including the Advanced Missile Launcher (AML-014), suitable for carrying an ASRAAM missile on the wingtip of BAE’s Hawk aircraft.
- High performance mask mounted regulator and lightweight composite jump bottle with 410 litres of breathable oxygen, the PHANTOM Parachutist Oxygen System, offering unparalleled comfort, oxygen duration, and improved field of view.
- Next-generation on-board oxygen generation technology including the latest oxygen concentrator.
- Robust and safe mobile aircrew restraint system (MARS), developed and designed to prevent highly mobile aircrew from being ejected during a crash event, hard landing or rough weather when working near open aircraft doors or hatches.
The most important thing we build is trust.
Cobham offers an innovative range of technologies and services to solve challenging problems in commercial, defence and security markets, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
We employ around 11,000 people primarily in the USA, UK, Europe and Australia, and have customers and partners in over 100 countries, with market leading positions in: wireless, audio, video and data communications, including satellite communications; defence electronics; air-to-air refuelling; aviation services; life support and mission equipment.