Cobham Aerospace Communications is looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team based at their head office in KGS. Lyngby, Copenhagen
As a Quality Engineer your key skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Bachelor or Master degree in an appropriate discipline
All round experience in design for manufacturing with proven experience in working with electronics products containing embedded software
You are a cooperative team player, pragmatic, and adaptable. You must show initiative and be self-motivated, i.e. able to work with a minimum of supervision. Your analytic mind-set enables you to investigate work items and propose practical solutions quickly. Your good organisation skills enable you to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
You communicate your ideas and concerns efficiently in English and Danish both verbally and in writing.
You strive for excellence while keeping focus on the simple solutions. You are an initiator and a good collaborator who provides sparring on all levels of the organisation.
Experience with TS16949, EN9100 from a manufacturing organisation of systems (Electronics, Hardware & Software)
As a Quality Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Conduct product approvals/releases and First Article Inspections
- Lead Quality issue investigation and resolution using 8D problem solving techniques
- Ensure proper handling of non-conformities and customer complaints, assuring that the root causes are clearly defined and that corrective actions are put in place and accomplished and that necessary documentation is properly prepared and distributed
- Work with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to identify risks and appropriately mitigate them
- Generation and tracking of concession and SRPC process
- Support Failure Mode avoidance activities (PFMEA/ DFMEA etc.)
- Creation and control of PPAP/ISIR documentation for internal and external parts
- Review Customer contracts for quality requirement flow downs
- Be your Customer advocate on the site thus driving to meet and exceed Customer expectations.
- Lead cross-functional corrective action and/or continuous improvement teams in significant quality activities or programs.
- Deploy significant quality expertise to provide tangible benefit to the organisation (product cost, quality, metrics etc.)
- To use the latest quality, problem solving techniques and best working practices.
- Lead, Liaise with and coordinate other quality team members to ensure that all relevant Quality metrics are recorded utilised and appropriate to their purpose.
- Identify, develop and implement systems that will assure product conformance to specifications.
- Work within the organization to execute changes and improvements to the quality management system.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham Aerospace Communications.
About Cobham Aerospace Communications
Our avionics, connectivity, slip rings and microwave systems for air and space platforms are at the leading edge of technological development. In the fields of defence, security and commercial aerospace, the innovative, high performance solutions we provide enable our customers’ assets to perform to their maximum potential.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.