A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
The primary function of the Facilities Maintenance Technician is to
install, maintain, operate, and repair equipment and systems
associated with the building and its infrastructure. This is
done to provide a world class production environment through high
quality workmanship and a commitment to customer satisfaction. The
facilities maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining
building infrastructure, configuration, and appearance under the
supervision of the Facilities Director. This individual is
also responsible for working directly or indirectly with members of
the manufacturing, operations, safety, security, and other
departments’ personnel and team members to implement and maintain:
the energy management system, infrastructure preventive maintenance
program, quality standards, operating objectives, and the Company's
goals and objectives. This must be done in a manner that not
only protects but also maximizes the value of Company assets.
The facilities maintenance technician will be responsible for
equipment up time, environmental condition quality, operating cost
objectives, and ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure all equipment is operated and maintained within the
manufacturer's specifications and the operating guidelines
including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Develop written maintenance procedures and policies for
building mechanical and electrical systems and implement those
- Act as a company liaison between assigned contractors and
- Prioritize multiple tasks, handle stressful situations, and
quickly define and implement appropriate actions to complete
assignments with attention to detail and safety.
- Use tools and equipment safely in the performance of daily
- Execute all tasks required to support the ongoing Safety,
Health, and Environmental needs.
- Participate in a rotating "on-call" coverage program to
support the needs of the facility on an emergency basis.
This responsibility has compensatory pay for both the "on-call"
status and any actual "call-in.”
- Emphasis on HVAC systems and equipment: working knowledge of
Johnson Controls or similar Building Automation System,
operation of chillers, pumps, cooling towers, steam and hot
water boilers and associated equipment.
- Reconfiguration of cubicles, furniture, and machinery in the
office and manufacturing areas.
- Conference room configuration.
- Daily maintenance of facilities problem call assignments and
activity tracking logs.
- Other duties assigned as required by business needs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Educational Experience
- Minimal lead type responsibilities are required only with
temporary laborers on specified tasks or projects as directed by
the group supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer technical training beyond high school.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., climb ladders, able
to discern colors, operate forklift and man lifts.
- Must possess ability to read and understand blueprints, CAD
drawings and other related documents.
- Must understand preventive maintenance and overhaul schedules
for equipment and mechanical systems.
- Must have a working knowledge on plumbing components and
operation of plumbing equipment.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to work with basic hand
and power tools.
- Must have experience developing written maintenance procedures
and policies for building mechanical and electrical systems and
implementing those procedures.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and
be able to effectively interact with all employees. Must
also be able to effectively communicate with contractors and
- Must understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all
equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards.
- Must have the knowledge to execute performance testing on
equipment using the appropriate tools/equipment (refrigerant
gauges, thermometers, volt-ohm and amp meters, etc.).
- Select specializations of the Facilities Maintenance
Technician role include additional requirements:
- Prefer mechanical or plumbing certification/license.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working on HVAC systems in a
- Must have a good working knowledge on the operation and
maintenance of building mechanical and plumbing systems and
- Must have a good operational understanding of building
automation control systems and control theory, and be a seasoned
- Position requires strenuous physical work. Heavy lifting,
pushing or pulling of objects up to 100 pounds occasionally
and/or up to 50 pounds frequently.
Budgeting and Fiscal Responsibilities:
- No budgeting required. A company credit card may be
utilized for purchasing of materials up to pre-defined
limits. Must be cost conscientious when making company
purchases. Must conform to all applicable financial spending,
approval, and reporting requirements.
- Proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office™ products -
Excel, Word, Visio, Power Point, Project.
- Able to proficiently use Microsoft Windows based computer
systems and Microsoft Office applications to perform web-based
research, document creation, spreadsheet calculations, and other
activities required by the position.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.