A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Value Stream Manager I
position is responsible for oversight of the Motion Controls value
stream to meet customer and program commitments. The Value Stream
Manager reports directly to the Director, Operations & Supply
Chain and will ensure value stream financial and operational metrics
and key performance indicators are met. This position is located in
Hauppauge, NY facility.
- Ensures that Safety, Health and Environmental practices are in
compliance on a daily basis. Drives a culture of zero injuries
and an environment with safe practices, behaviors and work
- Achieve company objectives through the relentless pursuit of
customer satisfaction focusing primarily on safety, quality,
delivery and cost performance.
- Develops and implements integrated departmental plans to
ensure business, technical and customer requirements are
achieved. Reviews plan execution, makes appropriate adjustments,
and resolves issues.
- Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental
opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee
performance and expand capabilities of first-level supervisors
and others within their department. Provides on-going
developmental feedback. Promotes employee recognition and builds
a departmental culture that improves employee satisfaction and
retains a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and
external customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports.
Builds strategic cross-functional and cross-organizational
partnerships to resolve problems, improve processes or achieve
- Forecasts, obtains and manages personnel, facilities,
services, equipment and tools to meet project and departmental
requirements. Acquires, deploys and schedules personnel to meet
- Develops plans to ensure appropriate utilization of employee
skills within an organization or functional area. Reviews,
approves and implements facility, equipment and service plans to
maximize productivity and ensure safety, security, environmental
and regulatory compliance. Coordinates with providers to achieve
timely delivery of resources.
- Provides input on the development of departmental business and
technical strategies, goals, objectives and related metrics to
ensure alignment with Company vision/strategy. Measures
performance to plan for multiple projects.
- Ensures standard work practices are the foundation for
improvement and confirms compliance. Identifies and
addresses non-compliance and lowered productivity, looking for
continuous improvement opportunities.
- Communicates with others across the organization to gain
information and support, escalate issues, receive feedback and
suggestions and provide updates and information. Acts as
liaison between downstream team and other departments.
- Engages and empowers their team to have a bias for action and
a healthy discontent for the current condition, seeking to
observe, understand, evaluate and iterate to achieve operational
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline
- 5 years operations management experience
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Secret Clearance eligible.
- 10+ years’ experience in a production/operations environment.
- Aerospace and defense industry experience preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and develop operational
- Working knowledge of business finance and ability to link
financial outcomes with operations actions and strategy.
- Working knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement;
- Proven ability to lead operational transformations.
- Ability to Work across functions in a matrix organization.
- Effective Presentation Skills – ability to present to large
groups at all levels of the organization.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to
be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of PC applications including ERP/MRP
and Microsoft Suite.
- Operational knowledge of industrial machining.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.