A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Performs a variety of manually value-added processes within several
manufacturing areas which may include electroplating housing and
connectors, chem-filming manufactured products, mark-up and touch
up; processes follow established procedures within the traveler
document; employee may perform and know at a minimum one or more
processes within each of the areas in one of the following labs:
plating, etching and/or chem-filiming, mark-up or touch-up; performs
work of semi-routine complexity, may require instruction on new
tasks in one of the following labs: plating, etching, painting,
mark-up, touch-up and/or chem-film.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Plating lab:
- Receives raw material from machine shop (aluminum, steel,
covar and brass); preps parts.
- Places parts on rack parts; perform the required procedures
according to the traveler.
- Inspects plated circuits for defects; handles and works
around hazardous chemicals.
- Etching Lab:
- Pulls raw material from shelf; preps parts for etching
(clean, rack, etch parts).
- Applies basic chemistry principles for etching; uses one of
the following seven processes: etchback, chem-milling; duroid
plate with nickel plating,etc.
- Inspects etched parts; handle and works around hazardous
- Painting, Marking, Touch-Up and Chemfilm Lab:
- Set up production Inkjet, Silk-screen and Off-set printer
equipment; mark production units using the traveler document.
- Perform silk-screen process, continue with Off-set
procedure; execute permanency test.
- Complete inspection on painted and non-painted parts using
microscope; mix paint; use small paint brushes to touch up
- Inspect dry painted parts and quality assurance for
additional Touch-Up operations.
- Grind aluminum surfaces using scotchbrite, fiberglass pens
or wire brush and grinding machine.
- Continue chemical conversion coatings on aluminum; handle
and works around hazardous chemical.
- Inspect parts, and conduct quality assurance for mark-up,
touch-up and chemfilm processes.
- All Processors:
- Use microscope for inspection of production units; obtain
blueprints from satellite files for part production.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with
safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as
well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional
- Actively participate in team meetings and activities,
including SET team support as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
(The following qualifications
can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education
and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Four (4) years of experience in one of the labs mentioned
above; detail-oriented, good manual and hand-eye dexterity; high
school diploma or equivalent, required;
- Communication skills: ability to ask questions and rephrase
statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and
comprehend simple written and verbal instructions; ability to
read blueprints and Material Safety Data Sheets; ability to
communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that
inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
proficient English reading level to understand technical
terminology used within the organization;
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MicroSoft Suite
with Word and Excel;
- Equipment skills: knowledge of proper and safe use of
equipment, chemicals, tools, etc.; knowledge of procedures
related to safety; ability to use spray guns and other devices,
pressure tanks, fluid and air hoses, compressors, sanders, air
and fluid regulators; ability to use respirators and other
personal protective equipment;
- Chemical skills: ability to use different chemicals such as
epoxy, polyurethane paints, primers and wash primers or other
material as specified by military specifications; ability to
work around chemicals;
- Math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in
all unit of measure; ability to measure using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals; ability to understand and perform
decimal, fraction and metric calculations and conversion;
ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and
interpret bar graphs;
- Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and
adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to
maintain confidentiality; ability to cope with rapidly changing
priorities; ability to prioritize workload on a daily basis;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive
and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be
fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors
and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in
others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions;
ability to work as part of a team.
- May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance,
which requires USA Citizenship.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.