A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Under limited supervision and with an emphasis on safety and Cobham
SPIRIT values, perform a variety of manual assembly tasks, from
periodic to frequent, and from simple to complex, related to the
assembly and inspection of electronic circuit card assemblies and
the next level hardware.
Primary activities include hand-soldering Surface Mount Technology
(SMT) components, installing, removing and replacing thru-hole
components without board damage, soldering wires and cables and
identifying assembly and documentation issues. A high level of
dexterity is required to manipulate and position extremely small
(.020 x .020) devices using hand tools such as hand soldering irons,
tweezers and hot air re-flow equipment. Assembly knowledge and
skill level must meet or exceed IPC and NASA standards for space
grade circuit card assembly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong work ethic required.
- Hand soldering and mechanical assembly experience required
- Competent in hand-soldering techniques to be sufficient for
rework and repair.
- Ability to use a microscope while performing soldering work
for extended periods.
- Experience in micro soldering Integrated Circuit (IC) chips
and other SMT components using hand-soldering irons and hot air
- Advance soldering rework skills of printed wiring boards.
- Perform SMT rework, removing and replacing SMT components
without damage, while inspecting operations to ensure quality of
- Perform rework/repair of internal product to ensure Printed
Circuit Boards (PCB) are reworked to the required customer and
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and constantly changing
- Must have flexibility in work hours, limited overtime may be
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, required
- Must have ability and willingness to interact with
Production Control, Quality, and Engineering on a daily basis
- Able to assemble and inspect circuit card assemblies with the
aid of a microscope (training on site)
- Very good eye-hand coordination required
- Must be able to read and comprehend complex work instructions,
drawings and parts lists
- Previous/Active certifications and experience with NASA 8739
and/or J-STD-001 Space Addendum preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Familiarity with industry-standard adhesives and bonding
- Simple equipment maintenance and upkeep tasks
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Training to industry standards (IPC, J-Std, NASA, etc)
- Good computer skills strongly desired, particularly in
Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.