A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
CAES is seeking a Director of Operations and Supply Chain
for our Lansdale, Pa location. The Director of Operations and Supply
Chain will manage all aspects of manufacturing operations,
operations planning, purchasing, production planning, manufacturing
engineering and facilities.
The role reports directly to the Sector VP of Operations and Supply
Chain with dotted lined to the site General Manager/VP. This
position will work closely with the site leadership team to ensure
customer and business requirements are met, and across the CAES
Operations function to ensure best practices are shared and
implemented. The Director of Operations and Supply Chain is
responsible for continuously improving operations and supply chain
strategy to meet business tactical objectives which in turn will
drive the site KPI’s in support of the CAES 2020 vision.
- Develop and execute operations and supplier management
strategies to ensure on-time delivery of parts with highest
quality and lowest cost.
- Assume ownership and accountability of the operation teams,
processes and performance, from strategic planning to tactical
- Leads the Operations and Supply Chain team in the support of
bids and proposals, ensures proper cost accounting practices are
in place and cost variations are identified and resolved in a
- Provide leadership, development opportunities, and managerial
oversight to the Operations and Supply Chain team members.
- Support SIOP process to improve strategic planning of working
capital, utilization of factory resources, and drive integrated
executive alignment to improve customer satisfaction, market
share, and profit.
- Accountable to develop and meet departmental budgets.
- Improve financial performance by improving working capital to
meet plan and develop an understanding of the drivers of
material cost as a percentage of revenue with an associated
reduction plan. Develop new means to reduce costs while
maintaining business objectives.
- Implement and improve performance management and establish
high performing teams at all production cells
- Lead the capital planning for the modernization of the
facility and manufacturing process
- Utilize analytic methods to analyze performance issues to
identify causal relationship underlying supply chain performance
and provide actionable insight.
- Ensure that all Safety, Health and Environmental standards are
implemented and followed throughout the Operations and Supply
- Ensure compliance with implemented QMS in line with customer
and regulatory requirements.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering,
Business or Scientific Discipline or equivalent
- 10+ years of applicable experience working in Operations and
Supply Chain Management
- Experience developing & leading an operations and supply
chain organization, processes, and improving KPI performance.
- Ability to think strategically, understands complex
business/financial data, and develops operational plans and
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Must possess a working knowledge of business finance and
ability to link financial outcomes with operational actions and
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate progressive change
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent Lean knowledge
- Strong problem solving and analytical thought needed to
resolve issues in a variety of complex situations without
- Working knowledge of multiple layer assembly, microelectronics
fabrication, and electronic and component assembly operations
- The ideal candidate will also have experience working in
Operations and Supply Chain Management within the Commercial
Aerospace sector or within another non-government or defense
- Excellent verbal/written communications and interpersonal
- Ability to travel as business demand requires
Key Measures & Milestones:
- MBA / Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Black Belt in Lean/Six Sigma is desired
- APICS CPIM certification, Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM),
Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) Certification a plus
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Safety, Environmental and Health leading indicators
- Customer Quality (CDPPM)
- Financial Performance (Revenue, Profit, Cash, Working Capital
- Customer On-Time to Promise (On-Time Delivery, Past Due
Revenue and Past Due Lines)
- Profitable growth
- Customer Satisfaction ratings
- Operational Excellence: SHE ratings / Quality
- Talent development
- Inventory controls / Supply Chain measures
- An authentic and believable leader who communicates with
conviction and humility and is able to engender trust throughout
- A natural communicator and influencer, using such strengths in
often difficult and complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- Enthusiasm for building high-performing teams.
- An approachable, hands-on and “roll up the sleeves” management
style with attention to detail. Keen business judgement
with the ability to provide fresh, proactive insight.
- A willingness to be out among the employees and the customers
listening to their ideas and concerns while gaining their trust
- A communication style which instills confidence.
- An entrepreneurial orientation, yet with the skills and savvy
to work within the existing company culture and help to evolve
into the desired culture.
- Flexibility and problem-solving capabilities
- High energy level and strong action orientation.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.