A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
The Process Engineer
will own internal manufacturing
processes from an engineering perspective, and serve as point of
contact for specific external customers as defined by
management. The Process Engineer will interface with
internal and external customers at a highly technical level to
facilitate assembly of high-reliability circuit card
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, document and implement assembly processes to satisfy
customer-specific and product-specific assembly requirements.
- Design, document and implement process-related tooling and
fixtures, as needed.
- Review customer documents, specifications and requirements and
ensure internal documents and training meet or exceed those
- Review and approve engineering masters (work instructions) for
release to the manufacturing floor.
- Write procedural documents that support the operation of
- Perform various engineering tasks involving process design,
development, analysis, and continuous improvement.
- In collaboration with other Process Engineers, pursue
initiatives to improve effectiveness of manufacturing and
business process efficiencies.
- Monitor process performance through defect data analysis and
SPC (Statistical Process Control), reducing variation and
continuously improving performance.
- Manage project time-lines and execution, coordinate team
members, report progress, and manage expectations / risks /
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education Experience
- When appropriate, coach a culture of Continuous Improvement
and train employees on Lean concepts, tools, & techniques.
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment to support business
- Provide engineering definition and support for production
- Attend customer telephone conferences, some weekly and/or
bi-weekly, as needed.
- Provide input to circuit card assembly engineering summaries
for upper management.
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment to support business
- Train and certify operators in the operation of equipment.
Budgeting and Fiscal Responsibilities:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in an engineering discipline,
preferable Mechanical Engineering, from a four-year college or
university is required.
- A minimum of five years’ relative experience or appropriate
combination of experience/education required, preferably in a
- A strong mechanical background and aptitude is highly desired.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification and/or Lean Green Belt
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and
written, are required.
- A strong commitment to teamwork is essential.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Government Security
- Maintain purchase orders for blanket accounts that are used
for ordering repair and maintenance supplies.
- Prepare capital acquisition justifications as needed including
cost of ownership and ROI calculations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense
Personnel Security Clearance up to and including the final
Secret level which requires a USA Citizenship
- Government Security Clearance at the Secret level required.
- Proficient in PWB (Printed Wiring Board) gerber viewing
software, CAD (Computer Aided Design) software, all Microsoft
Office software applications, and data analysis software.
Also capable of programming production equipment, regardless of
operating system used.
- Windows operating environment
- Visual Manufacturing (ERP) and Business Planning System
(BPS) for work order time accounting
- Access and navigate through document control system
- Microstation/CAD/Auto CAD/SolidWorks
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
- Personal computer, facsimile machine, phone and copy machine.
- Familiarity and/or expertise with MyData pick and place
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or