A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Level III Test Technician that will perform
operational tests and determines product acceptability and quality
on a wide variety of complex electronic developmental and production
components, subassemblies and systems by following test
specifications, standard test procedures or general written or
verbal instructions. This position is located in Hauppauge, NY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs operational tests on a wide variety of moderately
complex production components, subassemblies and systems using
data sheets, schematics, wiring diagrams, established test
specifications and standard test procedures, which clearly
outline procedures to be followed.
- Sets up and operates in accordance with prescribed procedures
a variety of test stands consisting of multiples of standard
test equipment such as pulse generators, amplifiers,
oscilloscopes, voltmeters, counters, etc.
- Works with engineering instructions and standard test
procedures to operationally test developmental products as
- Aligns and adjusts subassemblies and/or systems in accordance
with test procedures and data sheets to comply with established
specifications and accept able performance.
- Interprets test data and checks results against
specifications, test procedures and data sheets to determine
proper functioning and quality of product.
- Follow standard test procedures as required to troubleshoot,
locate and diagnose malfunctions within the unit requiring
application of technical knowledge, skill and ingenuity.
- Realigns and readjusts unit as required.
- Designates rework instructions where necessary and retest work
after rework. Stamps and otherwise approves test results.
- Records test data and submit test failure/acceptance reports
and notifies supervisor of unusual conditions or undesirable
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education Experience
- Occasionally working night shift is required.
- 5+ years of electro/mechanical testing experience.
- Experience using testing equipment (Oscilloscopes,
- Experience reading test procedures.
- Experience working with MS Excel.
- This position requires access to technology, materials,
software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the
US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or
- Associate's Degree in a technical related field, electrical
engineering background preferred. Experience with motor testing
or actuator testing, or thermal testing experience.
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or