As a part of Cobham Antennas Business Unit we are looking for a Quality Technician to be responsible for verifying products in accordance with approved design documentation and accurately report deviations. To conduct Goods-In, WIP and Final Inspection in accordance with FIFO, SLA and Priority Systems. To facilitate or assist Root Cause problem-solving activities throughout the Company. To be the approved signatory for release of products.
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
As a Quality Technician your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Electronics background.
- Mechanical and electrical inspection experience.
- Auditor trained and qualified
- Release signatory experience
As a Quality Technician your main responsibilities will involve:
- To be the release signatory for Cobham.
- To facilitate or assist Root Cause problem-solving activities throughout the Company.
- To be the approved signatory for release of products.
- To represent the Quality Department at internal customer, supplier and cross-functional meetings.
- To facilitate Tactical Implementation Plans (TIPs) to support business improvement initiatives.
- To conduct internal product, process and QMS audits
- Interpret current approved design data and engineering drawings.
- Support and initiate root cause investigations and implement corrective/preventative actions.
- Review production documentation to determine satisfactory process adherence.
- Measurement of key quality characteristics of a product or process.
- Identify aspects of conformance and non-conformance during process and product audits.
- Surveillance of QMS compliance via internal auditing and reporting.
- Determine workload priorities and comply with SLA requirements.
- Identify non-conformance with immediate, concise and objective reporting in accordance with CAS procedures.
- Review and update documented Quality processes and procedures.
- Raise Supplier Corrective Action Requests (RTV and RNM) to reject parts at Inbound Inspection (following review with Supplier Quality Engineer).
- Support RCPS sessions to ensure visibility and resolution of actions raised.
- Perform First Off Inspection in accordance with Company procedures.
- Verify product compliance against IPC-610, process specification and CEL/QAM/9 workmanship standards.
- Select appropriate inspection stages using statistical analysis of previous records and experience.
About Cobham Antenna’s
Cobham Antenna Systems develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.