Cobham Wireless are currently looking for a Materials Planner to deliver data, analytics, and research initiatives to support the business and Project Lead, analysis of MRP system to determine availability of stock to enable the confirmation of delivery dates to customers. Analysis of historical data and sales forecasts to support the supply chain forecast process (SIOP)
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
As a Materials Planner your key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse inventory relative to on hand stock, supplies and demands for stock availability.
- Deliver analytics and reports as required.
- Working in partnership and alignment with other areas in the business.
- Use ERP system information to view and analyse specific inventory situations.
- Work with procurement to review supplies provide feedback to the master scheduler of problems.
- Communicate with production to review the current plan and provide feedback to the master scheduler.
As a Materials Planner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Relevant professional qualifications - Business degree / Finance qualification
- Previous work experience in accounting or management consulting is desirable
- Strong analytical skills, and be very proficient in the use of excel
- Accurate data entry skills and previous experience
- Experience in production planning.
- Numerate and attention to detail is essential
- Must have the ability to understand and modify forecasts.
- Experience of ERP systems desirable. In particular the ORACLE ERP system would be very handy.
- Product knowledge is desirable or relevant manufacturing based experience/understanding.
- Understanding of inventory and supply chain.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Experience working in electronic engineering and or communications systems technology is desirable
Person Specification / Attributes
- Strong analytics
- Organisational skills.
- Detail focus and delivery.
- Able to communicate well at all levels of an organisation
- Team player
- Pragmatic, target-focused approach to problem solving and delivery..
- Demonstrates tenacity and credibility
About Cobham Wireless
Cobham Wireless develops, manufactures and sells DAS (Distributive Antenna Systems) solutions and digital repeaters to the cellular and public safety worldwide markets.
The UK Engineering team focuses mainly on patented DAS and digital repeater solutions.
The R&D team in the UK consist of circa 20 system architecture, hardware, software and firmware, and mechanical engineers and programmers developing the next generation DAS and digital repeaters including on–board train repeaters.
The engineering team provides engineering support to the outsourced production lines.
Technology includes: RF, digital, software and mechanical design and development, cellular and public safety technologies, wireless system engineering, providing cellular and public safety standards and certification processes.