Cobham Special Mission provides aerial surveillance services under contract to the Australian Border Force. As the largest civil maritime surveillance operation of its kind in the world, Cobham operates 10 Bombardier Dash 8 aircraft from bases in Cairns, Darwin, and Broome.
Working in a highly dynamic environment, you will be part of a team that patrols Australian waters potentially 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This vital role attracts a generous remuneration package and can provide fantastic job satisfaction.
- Be an Australian Citizen and hold or be eligible for an Australian passport
- Hold or be eligible for an Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC), Australian Government Security Clearance and Employment Suitability Check
- Hold or be eligible for a CASA Class 1 Aviation Medical
- Hold an Australian ATPL
- Hold an Australian Instrument Rating – Multi Engine Aeroplane with 2D and 3D endorsements
- Minimum 2000 hours total flying experience
- 500 hours pilot in command
- 100 hours night command
- 500 hours turbine experience
- Multi-crew experience
- Multi engine turbine command experience
- 500 hours PIC on medium/heavy multi engine turbine command experience
- 100 hours PIC in multi-crew operations
- At least 300 hours flight time in previous 12 months
- Maritime surveillance and/or search and rescue experience
- DHC-8 type rating
Cobham Aviation Services (CAvS) is Australia’s largest provider of contract aviation services, employing 1,300 people nationally. It forms part of Cobham Plc’s global operations across the US, Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Cobham Plc is a leading global technology and services innovator, known and respected for delivering solutions to the most challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean through advanced electronic solutions, outsourced aviation services, communications and connectivity and mission systems.
Cobham Special Mission provides aerial surveillance under contract to Australian Border Force and search and rescue services under contract to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.