A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
- Support IRAD Efforts including new product design
- Support Design efforts required for Proposals, and participate
in opportunity review and proposal generation, including
assessment of concept compliance, and verification approaches.
- In support of Design and Development tasking, review the
requirements flow down from project engineering and decompose
those requirements to the functional elements of the design
- Work closely with manufacturing to provide DFx engineering.
- Provide engineering support production operations during the
fabrication and assembly of products.
- Provide ongoing support of production test technicians,
process & manufacturing engineering during production
- Support a rotation of activities through various engineering
disciplines to build a thorough background.
- Develop test plans and STE, participate in PDR, CDR, MRR and
- Participate in test failure investigations including Root
Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) assessments and Failure Review
Board (FRB) preparation and conduct support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
- 2+ years of RF engineering experience including electrical
design/test/troubleshooting and basic mechanical RF skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with design and analysis software such as Microwave
Office, HFSS, etc.
- Experience reading, interpreting, and generating schematic,
drawing, and diagrams
- Experience selecting and specifying test equipment and
development of automated test operations and data acquisition
- Experience developing and implementing test procedures,
implementing/validating test stands
- Experience conducting tests, analyzing data, and writing test
- This position requires access to technology, materials,
software and/or hardware that is controlled by export laws of
the US. In order to qualify you must be eligible for a DoD
security clearance (see below).
- Ambitious and willing to own the products
- Experience interfacing with customers
- RF measurement experience
- Space reliability / quality product experience
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.