A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham in Plainview, NY is seeking a Component/Reliability Engineer
to support our new product design efforts as well as our existing
production activities. The individual will work as a member of
a product design teams, interfacing internally with Engineering,
Drafting, Quality Assurance, Material Planning, Purchasing and
Production and externally with our suppliers and customers.
The individual will aid in the establishment of policies and
procedures for material procurement; investigate alternative
component technologies, cost reduction methods, quality and
reliability improvements and overall customer satisfaction.
This position is located in Plainview, NY .
- Work with product design teams during product quote and design
phases to select electronic components and materials for the
design of new and custom RF/microwave
- Perform component reliability and stress analysis to
demonstrate compliance with customer design specifications.
- Identify, evaluate, qualify and document critical microwave
material and components; coordinate component selection,
procurement, inspection and application activities.
- Identify alternate components due to obsolescence, excessive
delivery time, cost increase, etc. issues.
- Support Production Return Material Authorization (RMA) group
with material and component failure analysis and corrective
- Perform supplier evaluations to assess supplier ability to
deliver material and components that meet the necessary
specifications as well as delivery and cost requirements.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Component Engineer or
electronic component purchasing (Associates Degree in
Engineering, Science or related field in lieu of experience).
- Experience with component reliability.
- Experience with Parts Material and Processes (PMP) is a HUGH
- Experience with passive and active component testing and
- Experience with parts obsolesces.
- Experience performing reliability analysis and component
- Knowledge of electronic assembly techniques such as soldering
and wire bonding.
- Knowledge of materials such as conductive and non-conductive
epoxies, adhesives, sealants, coatings and paints.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as electro-less and
- Knowledge of diagnostic techniques such as X-ray and SEM
- Knowledge of statistical process controls (SPC) and experience
with component root cause failure analysis.
- Knowledge of RF/Microwave parameters and test procedures;
knowledge of passive component and semi-conductor device
physics; knowledge of component fabrication processes used in
the microwave industry.
- USA Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain a security
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.