A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Test Engineering Technician III
perform antenna measurements on complex RF developmental and
production components, subassemblies and systems. This position is
in Lansdale, PA.
- Emphasis on Antenna Measurements.
- Complies with standard test procedures and specifications.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and adjusts equipment so performance
complies with test requirements and the quality of the product
- Determines when rework is necessary to ensure product
compliance with specifications.
- Recommends changes in test procedures and specifications that
will contribute to the improvement of testing efficiency and
- Works from a variety of documents including test
specifications, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc. where complete
information is frequently lacking or from general oral
engineering instructions requiring technical judgment,
initiative, and experience.
- Instructs and gives technical direction to lesser-classified
- Will work directly with Engineers on development programs and
advanced measurement programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience gathering, processing,
and analyzing RF signals in the microwave and millimeter wave
domains using various test instruments (PNA, Spectrum Analyzers,
- Ability to work shifts that may start early or later than
standard day shift.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be
eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which
requires US Citizenship.
- AA in Engineering or from a Technical School with an
Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (AEET)
- Experience with RF Antenna operation and theory.
- Experience with Antenna Radiation Pattern Measurements using
ORBIT 959 and Datapro Acquisition and Analysis
- Experience with Near Field Scanners, Compact Ranges, and
Anechoic Chambers, and knowledge of high power RF testing.
- Familiarity with high power RF amplifiers including solid
state and TWTA's.
- Ability to solder.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools effectively and
- Use of MS Office.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.