Are you passionate about continuous integration, building a deployment pipeline, enabling software developers to perform at their best by automating everything and creating a high performing Linux infrastructure? Then this opportunity is for you.
We need to further develop our Linux-based infrastructure and in this context, we are extending our DevOps capabilities. The person we are looking for will be based onsite in our R&D department alongside 50+ Software Developers and will work closely with our IT department. You will be helping develop next generation state-of-the-art secure satellite communication for both commercial networks and safety focussed communication.
All development takes place onsite. Our software team and this role is based in Kgs. Lyngby, Copenhagen.
As a DevOps Engineer, your skills and experience will include:
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer, Linux Administrator or Software Engineer with a passion for DevOps.
- Experience setting up Continuous Integration platforms, automated test environments, static code analysis and other SW deployment pipeline services.
- Having a history of managing different types of applications and tools like Git, Bitbucket, GCC, Make, Jenkins, Gerrit, Bugzilla, Wiki, ReviewBoard, Docker and Ansible.
- Experience with Linux administration tasks, e.g., patching, networking, jumphosts, server installation and server configuration.
- An agile mindset with the ability to work independently.
- Basic VMware, Amazon Web Services and Docker knowledge.
- DNS / SMTP knowledge.
- AD integrated Linux and applications using LDAP and Samba.
It is important that you are used to working independently on tasks and feel comfortable taking initiatives on your own to improve and update the build environment. You should be able to argue your solutions to colleagues in the R&D organization. Be service-minded, have a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to motivate your colleagues to do the right thing.
As a DevOps Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Operating our software build environment and ensure high uptime.
- Managing users, network and rights.
- Installation and configuration of new systems and applications.
- Developer support.
- Drive projects related to the development of new function to our software tools.
- Follow the new trends and ways of working in the DevOps space and advertise it to the organization.
This position requires a broad knowledge and desire to work with Linux systems in many different configurations and setups. The workdays can be hectic with a mix of development and support, and you will get to work broadly with the engineers in the R&D department.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM
About Cobham SATCOM
Our satellite and radio communication terminals perform in the most challenging and remote environments on land, at sea and in the air. We design and manufacture these high performance products under the AVIATOR, EXPLORER, SAILOR and Sea Tel brands providing customers with outstanding performance, value and support through our global sales and service network.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.