Cobham is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer II who will facilitate the design of new and legacy products for the Aerospace industry supporting manned and unmanned flights, Life Support applications in commercial and military platforms, and/or applications in the Defense industry. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Working on various technical efforts pertaining to the product design while adhering to standard practices and procedures.
- As our products are relied heavily upon in critical life support situations across the globe and in outer space, a strong attention to detail and use of basic technical principles, concepts and practices is key.
- Work will be performed in a design and development team environment with supervision by an Engineering Manager.
- Regular tasks include the design and development of new products in an R&D environment, support to production and timely issue resolution.
- May participate in company-wide engineering initiatives and activities, as well as provide technical input to non-engineering support staff.
- Should possess a basic knowledge of technical regulations, military or industrial standards, relevant educational experience in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, and a familiarity with one or more of the following: mechanical design, pneumatics, hydraulics, thermodynamics, vibration & shock and applicable analysis (FEA, CFD, etc.).
- Completed Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering from an ABET Certified University.
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience.
- Completed Coursework in Core Engineering Principles: Statistics, Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and/or Control Systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 3+ Years Engineering Experience.
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD.
- Ability to work effectively within a cross functional team.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills as well as being comfortable in making presentations.
- Have sound problem resolution, judgment and decision making skills.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.