Would you like to lead a software team whose mission it is to develop software for our L-band products, including our flagship EXPLORER and SAILOR terminals? We are looking for an accomplished people manager with a passion for technology and software development who will help bring our high-tech vision to life. We hire talented, motivated people and give them responsibility and the autonomy to innovate.
You will be managing a team of 14 engineers made up of Software Engineers, Software Architects as well as 1 DevOps Engineer. As all development takes place onsite, this means fast decision-making. The successful candidate will have proactive communication, so individual team members remain aware of the timing and delivery expectations placed upon them. You will be part of the Global Software Management team and work, which includes three additional Software Managers. This role reports into the Senior Director R&D, Global Software. The split between people management and product responsibility is around 50/50.
This role is based in Kgs. Lyngby, just outside Copenhagen.
As a Software Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
We offer a self-contained work environment with good possibilities to set your own scene. The team is very strong and highly competent with a good mix of experienced Software Developers and young talents. Our work environment is open and informal. We base our interactions on trust and we try hard to live up to commitments.
As a Software Manager your key skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline (telecom, computer science, electronics engineering or similar).
- Experience leading Agile software teams, including people management.
- Profound knowledge of the SCRUM methodology, including theory, rules and practices.
- Solid experience managing software development for embedded products.
- Good understanding of product management/requirements is an advantage.
- Preferably a background from software development from the telecom industry.
- Experience with modern DevOps tools (Jenkins, Gerrit, GIT, etc.) and Test-Driven Development.
- Understanding the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Good people manager background - coaching, motivating, developing career plans for software team members.
- Strong knowledge of stakeholder management.
- Experience building embedded Linux systems.
- Strong understanding of software development practices such as environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and continuous deployment methodologies.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn compa