Cobham Aviation Services are recruiting for a Senior ILS Engineer to lead and direct ILS through-life, aligned to a key NATO program.
The business have recently been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO. This will provide realistic training in electronic warfare to the member countries, in order to be able to operate in a real time situation.
The position reports into the Senior Programme Engineer and can be based at either our Bournemouth International Airport or Marlow sites, requiring occasional customer travel.
As a Senior ILS Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
As the Senior ILS Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- ILS for EW systems.
- ILS for potential customers of the equipment.
- ILS for bids and proposals at Cobham Special Mission.
- Develop ILS processes to ensure that the relevant requirements and ILS KPIs are being achieved
- Perform detailed supportability analysis tasks.
- Perform detailed availability, reliability and maintainability analysis tasks, including Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Produce and maintain ILS Plans (Integrated Support Plan, ILS Statement of Work and ILS element plans).
- Produce and maintain ILS SOWs for subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractor ILS deliverables.
- Establish process for measuring and recording availability performance of equipment
- Liaise with Cobham Special Mission technical publications, training, safety and environmental functions.
- Liaise with Cobham Special Mission Technical Services organisation to establish In-Service Support (ISS) capability for the equipment.
- Work as part of fully integrated project team.
- Liaise with prime contractor and customer organisations.
Cobham Aviation Services UK
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page