Cobham Aviation Services are recruiting for a Configuration Engineer to roll out configuration management process and tools in support of a key NATO program and the business wide Change Control board.
The business have recently been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO. This will provide realistic training in electronic warfare to the member countries, in order to be able to operate in a real time situation.
The individual will support the robust change management process which may be tailored for a variety of governance levels. The individual will also be apprised of industry best practise in terms of process and tools, and be able to steer the business appropriately in tool selection, process definition, and adoption. The individual will also support the creation of data repositories and change workflows for projects, including managing the baselines and generating project metric performance, within the PLM system framework.
This position can be based at either our Bournemouth International Airport or Marlow sites and requires infrequent travel.
As a Configuration Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Aerospace business experience (preferably through career)
- Experience in adopting PLM & CM tools
- HNC or higher in Engineering or an equivalent level of experience
- Deep understanding of industry best practise of change management
- Experience of adoption of PLM and CM tools
- Experience in running a business wide change control board
- Experience of data control in both design and manufacturing environments
- CI selection process
- An understanding of project lifecycles and lifecycle models
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across functions and businesses
As a Configuration Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Support for new tools and process across a multi-site business (exploiting the PLM system)
- Able to run the Change Control Board if required
- Governance and control of the companywide PLM system
- Maintenance and development of the PLM system
- Continuous improvement of change management process
- Set up of project databases and structures as required
- Support to the generation of metrics
- Support the establishment of baseline declarations
- Support to Functional and Physical Configuration Audits
- Management of document depositories and libraries
Cobham Aviation Services UK
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page