Cobham Aviation Services are recruiting for Systems Engineers in support of a high value program for NATO.
The business have recently been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO. This will provide realistic training in electronic warfare to the member countries, in order to be able to operate in a real time situation.
You will be working within a team of hardware and software design engineers, programme managers, and other supporting functions, to deliver project specific goals. This would typically cover the full development cycle from requirements capture, system level design, concept development, simulation, prototyping, build, through to verification and production handover.
The position is based at our Bournemouth International Airport site and requires minimal travel
As a Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Team working ability, with good interpersonal skills and commitment to project success and drive to deliver on time
- Relevant Systems Engineering design experience, such as supporting architectural design or requirements analysis
- Some understanding of other engineering domains, including RF, electrical, mechanical, software
- Able to work under supervision from technical management following the constraints of schedule, cost and quality, and use own judgement to know when to escalate issues
- An education to degree level or equivalent in equivalent in an engineering or engineering related discipline
- All applicants must have or be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Any of the following knowledge or experience is also desirable for this role:
- Development of aircraft products, particularly RF electronics technology, designed to meet airborne standards, certifications and regulations, such as ARINC, RTCA or EASA
- Communications systems, technology, protocols and standards, for example, 3GPP LTE
- Air-to-ground radio systems, technology and issues
- Experience in devolving a system requirement to a set of hardware and/or software subsystems described by architectural diagrams and interface descriptions
- Able to communicate technical issues clearly to non-technical audiences
- Specific Systems Engineering methods, such as use case modelling, state diagrams or UML
- Use of a requirements management tool such as DOORS, to perform system requirements validation, decomposition with traceability or to manage the verification of the requirements through a full product lifecycle
- Engineering management techniques such as scheduling, cost estimation or risk analysis
- System simulation and signal processing, for example Matlab
- Use of RF test equipment
- Design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software, ideally for embedded applications encompassing low-level hardware interface code or higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
- Familiarity with electronic and mechanical CAD packages, such as Altium and Solidworks
- Relevant systems engineering disciplines, including configuration management, control engineering, interface control design, reliability engineering, safety engineering, security engineering
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page