Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Senior Environmental Test Technician In this role will be required to generate detailed Qualification Test Procedures (QTP), perform testing of Cobham products in accordance with defined test procedures & specification requirements.
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Senior Environmental Test Technician your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven track record in performing environmental tests to customer requirements including producing test reports and technical data
- Understanding and appreciation for working safely in a test environment
- A basic understanding of RF, mechanical and electrical principles
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge & experience of applicable environmental standards (MIL-STD 810, Def-Stan 00-35, RTCA - DO160)
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexibility to work weekends and night shifts if required
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
As a Senior Environmental Test Technician your main responsibilities will involve:
- Generate detailed QTP’s and QTR’s in accordance with internal procedures
- Set up of environmental tests using a range of test equipment, chambers, shakers and software
- Conduct environmental tests such as vibration, temperature, altitude, humidity and mechanical loading
- Record, measure and evaluate the performance of products during testing
- Review & Analyse test data and document test results in the form of detailed written reports or test certificates
- Highlight potential weaknesses in test simulation and product design to your Line Manager
- Maintain effective record keeping of test logs
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page