Cobham is seeking a Quality Engineering Supervisor to manage Quality Engineers. The qualified candidate will oversee Quality Engineers for Mission Systems equipment used in the Aerospace and Defense industry. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Manages a team of Quality Engineers.
- Participates in the selection, hiring, and training of new employees.
- Oversees day-to-day workflow and scheduling for employees and provides feedback/discipline to direct reports. This includes timecard approval responsibilities and performance reviews.
- Tracks necessary Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and compiles associated reports.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvements.
- Provides budget recommendations.
- Provides guidance and keeps employees informed of policies and operational changes.
- Interfaces with Engineering and customers on quality related issues.
- Provides technical input on quality and contractual issues to internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Serves as Quality Representative on Configuration Control Board as necessary.
- Serves as Quality Representative on Integrated Product Teams.
- Serves as Quality Representative on corrective action teams.
- Reviews design concepts and technical documentation.
- Formulates or helps formulate policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation of quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts training on quality assurance concepts and tools.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
- Interprets engineering drawings and specifications, customer quality requirements, and company quality requirements to ensure compliance with the customer's expectations.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance (QA) experience.
- 2+ years of experience in reading and interpreting technical documents, including prints (GD&T), drawings, and engineering orders.
- 3+ years of experience with ISO 9001/AS9100 or MIL-STD.
- 3+ years of experience with Root Cause Analysis Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Supervisory experience.
- Quality assurance related experience in a design and manufacturing environment.
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) experience.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, Government/Military contracts, and Aerospace industry experience.
- National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program (Nadcap) experience.
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Reliability Engineer.
- An advanced degree or MBA.
- Project/Program Management experience.
- Ability to make independent judgments regarding technical issues.
- Ability to handle multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers