Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Commercial Manager. This role is to support to the major bids and programs segment of the business group, ensuring all company business objectives, governance and responsibilities are met. The Commercial Manager is a member of the Cobham Communicating and Connectivity (CCC) Contract, Commercial and Legal (CCL) team.
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Commercial Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree educated in a Business or related subject is essential. Post-graduation Commercial certifications (such as IACCM) would be an advantage.
- Proven relevant experience gained in a commercial discipline in a high tech industry, ideally within the aerospace/defence/support service sector
- Experience of the contract development process, contract terms and conditions is a prerequisite for this role
- A minimum of 3+ years relevant experience in aerospace, defense or a related technology industry, demonstrating all, or substantial all of the above responsibilities
As a Commercial Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Contribute as Commercial, Contracts and Legal (CCL) representative to major bid and program teams, with specific responsibility for price and contract negotiation of both client and major subcontractor agreements.
- Ensure timely submission of bids and proposals, including effective contract execution, whilst maintaining compliance with applicable aerospace and defence requirements, commercial aviation regulations and legal obligations
- Support program and bid teams by ongoing risk and change management through all pre-contract and post-contract phases, including resolution of any customer and major subcontractor issues, disputes and claims.
- Facilitate the review, drafting and negotiation of contracts and major subcontracts in conjunction with functional program leads.
- Conduct contract risk assessments for program and management stakeholder reviews and approvals, including guidance to internal project teams on complex commercial matters.
- Manage day-to-day activities for major program contracts and subcontracts, including customer and supplier management on commercial matters.
- Ensure flow-down of contract requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure conformity to applicable company policies and procedures.
- Operate in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page