Cobham is seeking a Program Manager/ New Product Development. This position is located in Prescott, AZ.
- Responsible to monitor, execute, and instill programmatic controls of engineering and production programs
- Development of commercial avionics equipment including: software defined radios, audio equipment, communication/navigation, transponders, airborne servers, and similar hardware from bid estimation through delivery and support to customers
- The program manager will be an interface into the Product Line Management team, business development, and a technical/programmatic interface for customers
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in avionics
- 5+ years formally managing a program as a PE or PM
- Experience in commercial avionics systems development, bid management, and customer program execution and support
- Experience as an engineer performing new product development within avionics
- Experience building effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Experience with Earned Value Management System
- Experience with program Risks and Opportunities
- Experience with DO-178 development, DO-254, and DO-160 Qualification Testing
- Experience with MS Project
- Experienced with writing/negotiating SOWs for suppliers/subcontractors
- Experience in applying Continuous Improvement methods and techniques
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Certified PMI PMP/PgMP
- Experience with Contracts, Terms and Conditions, etc.
- Experience as a Systems Engineer or Systems Engineering Manager
- Experience transitioning new products into the factory
- Experience interfacing with the factory and a Repair & Overhaul organization to support sustaining products or New Product Introduction
- Experience with subcontract supplier management
- Ability to create, implement, and/or modify programmatic processes
- Design experience of software defined tactical radios, Com/Nav designs, on-board avionic computing platforms/servers, and/or data link systems.
- Experience with customer and FAA audits
- Experience with certification processes for Avionic equipment
- General Avionics or helicopter pilot experience
- Knowledge of the following technologies/skills is a plus
- 3G/4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Codec, DSP, touch screen displays, Mesh radio’s, IMA/MAU/Card file designs, and human factors
For more information regarding the Prescott facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers