Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for an Airworthiness Engineer This role is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the airworthiness and certification activities for the business. The airworthiness engineer will implement the appropriate policies, processes and procedures (SOF-E, CDF, SOF-R&D, ITAR) and ensure that process compliance is maintained. The engineer will prepare bid, proposal and project documentation in support of certification, including plans and reports. The engineer will attend customer reviews, design reviews as a representative of he airworthiness function. The engineer will feed airworthiness and certification requirements into the project teams and will monitor compliance.
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Airworthiness Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Recent experience in airworthiness role
- Good knowledge of aircraft airframe, electrical and mechanical systems
- Familiarity with airworthiness processes and practices and ability to drive their continuous improvement
- Sound knowledge of EASA Part 21J obligations and ETSO applications in particular
- Equipment qualification standards and processes
- Understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes
- Engineering degree in relevant discipline required
As a Airworthiness Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Implement Cobham policies and procedures for product safety and airworthiness
- Accountable for compliance and certification inputs
- Provide airworthiness and compliance inputs for the business and programme teams
- Maintain technical competency required to fulfil role as Suitably Qualified & Experienced Person
- Review and determine courses of action for any reported failures
- The ability to work within a large organisation in a matrix management structure
- Decision making / problem solving – able to make decisions in complex and ambiguous situations and with incomplete data
- Ability to build excellent relationships with key stakeholders and engineering leadership team
- Ability to negotiate with stakeholders with diverse and conflicting needs to achieve mutually agreed outcomes
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to provide role modeling to the organisation in line with Cobham core values and behaviors
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page