Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Principal Software Engineer
This role is based in Leatherhead, Surrey
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Principal Software Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven record of leading teams to deliver successful outcomes on time and within budget
- Wide range of experience with and knowledge of embedded systems
- Strong background and understanding of different software design methodologies, for example Object Oriented Design
- Proficient in programming C/C++ for embedded systems
- Experience with bare-metal, RTOS and embedded Linux development
- Hands on experience of interfacing with hardware devices
- Solid understanding of software development life-cycles, processes and methodologies
- Experience of requirements analysis both internal and from the customer
- Experience of bid preparation and working directly with customers
- Behavioural: self-starting, adaptable, problem solving and able to motivate others
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of aviation regulatory standards for software: DO-178C
- Participation in the definition and roll out of change processes and continuous improvement activities
- Familiarity with GUI/event-based design
- Experience with scripting using Python
- Experience with software lifecycle management tools: Atlassian JIRA, Git and Atlassian Bamboo
As a Principal Software Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page