Cobham is seeking a Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer to work as part of our dynamic development team to advance plant-wide Continuous Improvement objectives at our Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will serve as a change agent and assist management by studying and sharing best practices with other teams and by leading teams and projects using a variety of Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Build a Continuous Improvement program across all Value Streams, incorporating the concepts of Standard Operating Framework (SOF), Excellence in Delivery (EiD), Root Cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventive Action.
- Utilize advanced Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, etc.
- Develop Continuous Improvement toolkit and operating fundamentals.
- Drive Kaizen events and continuous improvement efforts.
- Improve customer satisfaction by helping the division reduce cost and lead-time while improving quality and service.
- Work closely with Quality teams to identify adverse trends and systemic issues in order to ensure accurate root-cause analyses and to determine areas of culpability. Develop actions to focus programs on these areas to drive measurable improvement.
- Work closely with Quality teams to ensure an appropriate level of guidance is provided in procedures and work instructions to institutionalize Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Work closely with Training resources to train and motivate associates in the use and implementation of Continuous Improvement principles.
- Advance program through necessary evolution to drive a true Continuous Improvement culture and engrain associated behaviors in the organization.
- Reduce waste and drive best practices across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology.
- 6+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement efforts using Lean process methods and tools, across multiple functions of the business.
- 6+ years of experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- 6+ years of experience participating in Continuous Improvement projects.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 3-5+ years’ experience leading Continuous Improvement efforts using Six-Sigma process methods and tools, across multiple functions of the business.
- ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent.
- Successful project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate to diverse teams and functions.
- Demonstrated effective and professional presentation techniques and skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, and motivation skills.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and to take a proactive and aggressive goal-setting approach in developing a Lean culture.
- Comfortable working with multiple departments.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.