Cobham is seeking a Senior Software Engineer. This position is located in Prescott, AZ.
- Responsibilities will include designing and implementation of real-time embedded software for Cobham Avionics Products
- Products could include software defined radios, navigation and communication radios, airborne servers, audio and other similar products. This includes definition of software requirements, software architecture, software design, coding, debugging, test / verification, documentation and certification
- Other responsibilities could include development of low-level drivers and real time embedded applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and or other relevant engineering fields
- 10 years’ experience of Software development with a minimum 5 years within a DO 170 environment
- Experience with C & C++
- Experience with DO-178B
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Experience memory and SSD’s
- Strong leadership, communication and mentorship skills
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience with FPGA interfaces
- 10 years’ experience in avionics electronic development
- Experience with DSP (to perform audio and radio signal processing)
- Experience with Bench Equipment; including Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, In-Circuit Emulators J-Tag Debuggers
- Experience with Software defined Radios and Audio product development
- Experience transitioning new products in to a factory for production
- Experience with C#/WPF
- Application Development within mobile devices (Iphone, IPad, Android, Etc.)
For more information regarding Cobham Communications and Connectivity business unit, products manufactured there and news, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham