Cobham is seeking a Firmware Engineer that will be responsible for design, simulation, coding, and implementation of DSP and control algorithms in FPGAs for generating and decoding waveforms. This position will be part of a team developing a suite of commercial avionics communication and navigation equipment based on software defined radio methodologies.This position is located in Prescott, AZ.
- High level knowledge of communications systems, modulation, demodulation, digital signal processing, discrete-time math, various waveforms; AM, FM, D8PSK, C4FM, PI/4DQPSK, etc.
- Design and simulate waveform generators and decoders with high level tools (e.g. MATLAB).
- Implement complex algorithms using FPGAs, adeptly handling placement, routing, and timing constraints.
- Work with a project team to resolve integration issues at board and system levels.
- Experienced with bench equipment; network/spectrum/vector analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Works to and supports schedules and metrics.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- BS EE or equivalent.
- Proficient in VHDL or Verilog.
- General knowledge of current FPGA technologies, have worked with a major suppliers products; Xilinx, Altera, Actel, Lattice, Atmel, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in radio development.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience working in a team developing product and board level requirements.
- Design experience of software defined tactical radios (preferred), and/or Com/Nav designs
- Experience with Requirement Management tools.
- Experience developing under FAA certification environment, e.g. DO-254.
- Knowledge of the following technologies/skills is a plus:
- P-25 system and C4FM/CQPSK modulation techniques.
- Tetra system and PI/4DQPSK modulation techniques.
- Radio navigation and communications standards; DME, ILS, VOR, GPS, etc.
- Mesh radio’s, WiFi, Codec, 3G/4G LTE.
For more information regarding Cobham Communications and Connectivity business unit, products manufactured there and news, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers