Cobham is seeking a Quality Engineer to be a part of the Quality Compliance team in Davenport, IA. The successful candidate will understand and lead corrective actions, contract review, and regulatory actions.
- Interface with all departments on quality RCCA and quality compliance database issues.
- Provide technical input on RCCA and quality compliance database issues to internal stakeholders.
- Mentor / Train teams in Cobham Corrective Action Process.
- May serve as Quality Representative on corrective action teams.
- Develop and perform training in quality compliance modules.
- Analyze production and service limitations and standards based on quality compliance modules, and recommend revisions of specifications when indicated.
- Compile and perform various reports to support the quality compliance modules.
- Lead with the implementation of quality compliance database functionality.
- Review design concepts and technical documentation .
- Interface with regulatory agencies and internal departments regarding FAA, Nadcap, and FDA.
- Development and modification internal regulatory documentation.
- Develop and perform training for internal regulatory requirements.
- Support Contract Review by Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications, customer quality requirements, and company quality requirements to ensure compliance with the customer's expectations.
- Support Document Control by Developing and modifying procedural documents.
- Formulate or help formulate Business Management System policies, procedures and instructions.
- Serve as Quality Representative on Configuration Control Board as necessary.
- Chair Material Review Board and/or Inspection Review Team as Quality Representative.
- Serve as Quality Representative on Integrated Product Teams.
- Compile and perform various reports and audits.
- Perform necessary tests with equipment and effectively document test results.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 2 + years of experience in a Quality Engineering role in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 + years of experience with AS9100/ISO 9001:2015.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Military aviation or aircraft modification experience .
- Quality assurance related experience in a design and manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Quality Management System (QMS) Auditing.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) experience.
- FAA experience with FAR Part 145 and 21.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, Government/Military contracts, and Aerospace industry experience.
- National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program (Nadcap) experience.
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Reliability Engineer or Certified Auditor.
- Project/Program Management experience.
- Ability to make independent judgments regarding technical issues.
- Ability to handle multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.