Cobham is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer – Technical Leader that will specialize in requirements management of diverse systems at our Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the Aircraft Systems Engineering team and a diverse line of Life Support and Aerial Refueling products for defense and commercial aerospace. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Leads Integrated Product Teams in the inception, design & technical execution of complex engineering projects over the full life cycle of product development.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions.
- Creates and manages Engineering Technical Project documents including but not limited to: Engineering management Plans, Integrated Master Schedules, Technical Risk Matrics, and Resource/task planning/execution.
- Understand and applies project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls.
- Leads the execution of successful design reviews from project initiation to product hand-off to customer.
- Lead and/or facilitates requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem.
- Facilitates System Requirements Reviews and Requirements Change Management.
- Ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems engineering design
- Understands and can apply RCCA/RCPS techniques to correct project metrics as required
- Leads and/or facilitates the analysis of multi-disciplinary requirements including, but not limited to, mechanical, electro-mechanical, structures, materials, software, safety and reliability.
- Identifies, assesses and documents requirements for changes and provides communications of those changes
- Generates meaningful metrics to ascertain status, stability, maturity and level of compliance of project requirements. Able to report metrics in reports or presentations to all levels of management.
- Leads and/or facilitates management of requirements verification matrices and assists in developing verification, validation and qualification plans.
- Identifies and implements improvements to engineering and/or company tools, processes and practices.
- Participates in proposal development: parses statement of work and requirements into standard work breakdown structures and generates estimates for project requirements management function.
- Leads and/or facilitates Functional and Physical Configuration Audits.
- ABET accredited BS Degree in an Engineering field.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Project SW or similar project planning SW.
- 5 years of experience in the aerospace industry.
- 5 years of experience with leading multi-discipline teams for with Engineering Design/Development programs/projects
- Experience leading / facilitating cross functional meetings
- Must have strong communication and listening skills
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- ABET accredited MS Degree in an Engineering field.
- ABET accredited BS in Systems or Engineering Management field
- Articulate and comfortable engaging with a diverse set of stakeholders (in person events and Strong demonstrated skills with MS Office skills, particularly MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Familiarity with aircraft hydraulics, fuels, structures, wiring, aircraft oxygen and fuel tank inerting.
- 5 years of experience with IBM Rational DOORS or Requirements traceability system.
- 3 years of Project Management experience with Engineering Design/Development programs/projects
- Principal systems engineering level) and tailoring a good message
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham