Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Modelshop Technician to create Prototype development work/product from technical drawings or other documents.To liaise as appropriate with any other discipline to enable timely completion of the set tasks to achieve a universally appreciated outcome.
This role could potentially suit a recent apprentice or new graduate.
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity, we design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Modelshop Technician your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Ideally experience working in a Prototype environment working to close tolerances with a keen eye for detail.
Ideally experience using milling and turning machines and ideally able to use or understand basic CNC machining. Training can be provided in these areas.
Basic experience with soldering skills and other electrical techniques
- Engineering background preferably in the aerospace industry
- Ability to read and understand Technical drawings/documents
- Good timekeeping & housekeeping skills
- Able to communicate at all levels of the business and with sub-contractors
As a Modelshop Technician your main responsibilities will involve:
- Prototype machining work using lathes & mills working to close limits with various materials to proscribed safety, health & environmental principles.
- Electrical wiring, fitting and mechanical assembly using technical drawings/sketches, verbal and/or work instructions.
- Able to develop and maintain work instructions to facilitate production manufacture
- Maintain 5S housekeeping within the dept.
- Provide feedback, record and submit via the correct paperwork all amendments and deviations from the build of product to engineering.
- Answer any queries from the supervisor or other Departments as required
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.