Cobham is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer that will work with a dynamic team at our growing Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will design and implement inspection and testing procedures for our precision, high-stakes products. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Interface with all CLSS engineering disciplines and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
- Provide technical input on quality and contractual issues to internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Serve as Quality Representative on Configuration Control Board as necessary.
- Chair Material Review Board and/or Inspection Review Team as Quality Representative.
- Serve as Quality Representative on Integrated Product Teams.
- Serve as Quality Representative on corrective action teams.
- Design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Analyze production and service limitations and standards, and recommend revisions of specifications when indicated.
- Review design concepts and technical documentation.
- Perform necessary tests with equipment and effectively document test results.
- Formulate or help formulate quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Compile and perform various reports and audits.
- Development and modification of procedural documents.
- Assist with the implementation of quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools.
- Perform all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
- Interprets engineering drawings and specifications, customer quality requirements, and company quality requirements to ensure compliance with the customer's expectations.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 5+ years Quality Assurance (QA) experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in reading and interpreting technical documents, including prints (GD&T), drawings, and engineering orders.
- 3+ years’ experience with AS9100 or MIL-STD.
- 3 + years’ experience with Quality Management System (QMS) Auditing.
- 3+ years’ experience with Root Cause Analysis Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Quality assurance related experience in a design and manufacturing environment.
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) experience.
- Experience with FAR Part 145 and 21.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, Government/Military contracts, and Aerospace industry experience.
- Military aviation or aircraft modification experience.
- FAA experience.
- National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program (Nadcap) experience.
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Reliability Engineer.
- An advanced degree or MBA.
- Project/Program Management experience
- Ability to make independent judgments regarding technical issues.
- Ability to handle multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers