A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
The Program Manager executes program plans, developing bottoms-up
program plans to ensure schedule, budget and quality are maintained
ensuring On-Time Delivery of products to our customers. The
Program Manager has responsibility for the product from concept
development through final delivery to our customers and is
responsible for the financial and technical success of our customer
which can be internal IR&D or customer contracts. The
Program Manager leads the cross-functional teams to review program
status and ensure individual milestones are achieved.
This position is responsible for maintaining communication with and
providing reports (both written and oral) to customers and key
stakeholders. The Program Manager is ultimately responsible
for the overall team, the program performance and success.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Provides day to day program execution:
- Providing direction for issue resolution, support teams in
risk definition/mitigation, provide program scope details,
develop and implement program execution plan.
- The primary contact to the program teams, internal and
external to the Customer.
- Develop and maintain/update presentation material for
leadership reviews, create schedules with timelines for key
milestones and provide visibility on important projects,
establish and facilitate effective meetings, implement
improvements and organize logistics of events (customer visits
- Collect, assemble and organize and analyze data in order to
track and share metrics with minimal direction.
- Apply knowledge of policies, procedures, regulations (ex.
Export compliance, intellectual property, etc.) and program
management test practices (PMBP) to ensure progress toward
- Develops executive level briefing and utilizes appropriate
technologies to enable integration/collaboration.
- Develop and maintain program level schedule and budget;
monitor and track execution of the plan and communicate status
to all program/project participants; negotiate project changes
and incorporate changes into project control systems to maintain
work statements, cost and schedule baselines.
- Develop and sustain positive customer relationships and ensure
we achieve superior customer satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education Experience
- Accountable to the Director of Program
- Management for all program performance.
- This a highly networked role that requires the ability to work
under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
- Work with diverse team members to drive business outcomes at
the program manager level.
- Act as a liaison between the team and the functional and
senior leader stakeholders.
- Manage the accuracy of deliverables and results and
communicate to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate and review inputs from a variety of stakeholders,
typically involving contributions from engineering, procurement,
production control, test engineering, reliability, quality,
operations, contracts, finance. Package & assembly, legal
and outside services such as consultants, contractors and
- Prepare presentations/recommendations for diverse audiences,
including executive leadership.
- Set clear scope boundaries to prevent scope creep and help
assign appropriate resources.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying program management best
practices to complex project/programs.
- Meeting contractual commitments.
- Meet all budget, schedule product performance, quality, and
reliability, manufacturability and production targets.
- Leads the risk management team to identify, track, quantify
and evaluate program specific risks and establishes and executes
- Maintains involvement in all aspects of the program to
identify and anticipate issues, seeks solutions, and ensures
satisfactory and timely resolution of issues for the overall
effectiveness of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) and
typically 10 or more years’ experience, a Master’s degree and
typically 13 or more year’s related work experience.
- Experience with industry standard program management
techniques, tools and best practices
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) with applying
Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Experience managing complex development programs includes
integration activities across multiple divisions, multiple
suppliers and customer resources.
- Strong Interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or have an
understanding of PMBOL principles/relevant coursework
- Ability to understand technical requirements.
- Uses a logical approach to improve processes and solve
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.