A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Provides excellent business partnering to Business Area
VP/General Manager on contractual matters and transfers
confidence to other members of Contracts, Compliance and Legal
where necessary on shared services and compliance and legal
- Participates as an active member of the Business Area’s senior
- Manage direct reports at the applicable Business Area and, in
some circumstances, direct reports in geographically dispersed
- Performs and/or oversees “cradle to grave” contract management
activities, including providing sound advice on proposal
preparation and contract risk mitigation.
- Negotiates and administers contracts and related auxiliary
agreements and guides and directs contracts professionals, where
applicable, on such activities.
- Supports supply chain/procurement activities, including
negotiations with strategic suppliers, and guides and directs
the activities of contracts professionals, where applicable, on
- Represents the Company independently or as team leader on
complex, high-risk and/or large-scale customer and supply chain
- Conducts contract strategy meetings to identify issues and
customer requirements and obtains management input on timelines,
cost targets, and deliverables.
- Prepares and presents analyses of completed bid/proposal
packages, including recommendations to management for
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and
recommendations to mitigate contractual/program risks.
- Fosters and maintains a sound and reliable relationship with
counterparts in internal and external customer organizations.
- Trains Business Area cross functional staff on contract issues
to raise contracting awareness, as needed.
- Manages performance of and provides career development
opportunities for Contracts staff to meet Business Area and
- Develops Business Area Contracts functional budget and manages
function to budget.
- As a member of the CAES Contracts team and broader FCCL team,
develops, communicates and implements the functional strategy
- Lead special projects or improvement initiatives as designated
by senior leaders within FCCL.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to
contracting, as required.
- Established track record of successful “cradle to grave”
contracts management, including advising on complex proposals,
negotiating terms, and managing contract changes.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve positive results through
influence, negotiation and change management.
- Leadership ability to motivate and inspire teams to perform at
a high level; demonstrated commitment to accountability and
- Proven ability to develop sound relationships at the executive
level in internal and external customer organizations.
- Demonstrated success working and leading people in a matrixed
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical,
reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities, including
handling several assignments concurrently.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and documentation
- Strong understanding of contract terms and conditions, FAR,
DFARS, and risk mitigation strategies.
- At least eight (8) to twelve (12) years’ experience in
government and commercial contracting.
- Where applicable, familiarity with non-U.S. laws and
regulations for sites located outside the U.S.
- Advanced degree and/or additional contracts management
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry
Position Reports to:
CAES Senior Counsel
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.