A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking an Information Security Analyst
join our Incident Response team as a core member. An Information
Security Analyst III will function as a Cybersecurity Threat Hunter,
responsible for proactively discovering risk within the network,
creating new detection methodologies, and identifying threats
through analysis of anomalous log data, threat intelligence, and
collaboration within the Incident Response team. Additional
responsibilities will include supporting the identification,
investigation, and resolution of security breaches. The ideal
candidate for this position will be an experienced information
security practitioner who is goal-oriented, and strives to exceed
- Perform analysis of security incidents & threat actors for
further enhancement of hunt and detection capabilities.
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocol to aid in deep level packet
inspection of network artifacts
- Document best practices with the Cybersecurity and Operations
staff using available collaboration tools and workspaces.
- Participate in investigations towards identifying root cause
for security events, evaluating anomalous activity, and tuning
alerts for frequent false positives.
- Support the forensic investigation lifecycle from the
collection, preservation, analysis, and presentation of
- Provide forensic analysis of live memory and drive
acquisitions, malware, as well as examine logs from various
types of security sensors, applications, and operating systems.
- Provide timely, detailed, and complete reports on security
events and incidents to leadership.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security
industry including awareness of new or revised security
solutions, improved security processes, and the development of
new attacks and threat vectors.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability
assessments, penetration tests, and security audits.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the
data residing on or transmitted to/from/through Cobham
workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and
other data repositories.
- Ensure the enforcement of Cobham security requirements
including, but not limited to, Special Security Agreements
(SSA), Export Control, and Controlled Unclassified Information
- Provide after business hours support in response to security
alerts and investigations.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, and 4 years of experience in a technical
- 3 years of experience with either Red team or Blue team
operations, and ability to think both like an attacker and
- 3 years experience with Internet, web, application or network
security investigative techniques.
- Must be U.S. Citizen
One or more of the following Certifications Preferred:
- A passion for Cyber Threat Hunting, research, and uncovering
the unknown about threats and threat actors.
- Experience with common automation practices and methods.
- Experience with setting up alerts and creating rules for
active monitoring and triage
- Proven ability to understand vulnerabilities at a technical
level and capable of recommending and effectively communicating
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and
products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative
- Experience with US Federal regulations including: NIST
and DFARS.Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester
- EnCase Certified Examiner
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional – Cyber Ops
- ISACA Certified Information Security Auditor
- (ISC)2 CISSP
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.