A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Site Support Specialist IV
VA to perform the installation, repair and preventative maintenance
of personal computer and related systems; assists in determining
suitable software to meet user requirements; troubleshoots complex
software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when
they relate to personal desktop or laptop computers; performs the
installation, modification, testing and servicing on all
internal/in-house data communications network equipment; assists in
the recommendation for improvements and the development of technical
Assists in ensuring the overall efficient use and functioning of
computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment at multiple
sites and travels to perform onsite service as requested, up to 25%.
Participates in advanced evaluation of computer hardware, software
and peripheral equipment and the creation of practices relating to
these technologies. Participates in the complex analysis of hardware
and software studies and the development of technical requirements
- Provides customer support, including system use, package
selection and functional troubleshooting.
- Provides 3rd level support to other technicians for more
- Travels to perform remote onsite service as requested, up to
- Supports Executive Leadership team members
- Assists in the preparation of hardware/software user
documentation and provides informal training classes on a
limited number of software packages.
- Participates in the installation, maintenance and test of
software and hardware as required by department function.
- Provides advanced technical support in the establishment of
company policies regarding hardware and software, organizing
vendor demonstrations and evaluating options. Assists in the
editing and publishing of various technical bulletins as
- Provision user workstations using LANDESK/IVANTI provisioning
utilities, have knowledge of imaging tools such as Acronis or
- Coordinates the installation, maintenance and test of software
and hardware as required by department function.
- Overseeing the maintenance of an on-line inventory of computer
resources and the tracking of equipment availability status. May
manage a "loaner" program for lending terminals and other
technical resources to qualified requesters for business
- Engages with customers to supply appropriate IT resources and
provide recommendations as required.
- Engages with other resource specialists and/or technology
support staff at the divisional and/or functional levels to
ensure consistency in direction and technical advice and the
gathering of data for use in developing strategic plans for
acquisition of related technological resources.
- Builds and maintains advanced expertise in various
company-wide computer technologies.
- Partner with INFOSEC and physical Security departments.
- Four (4) plus years’ experience in Desktop, Laptop, Printers,
Microsoft Operating Systems and software.
- Exceptional executive customer service experience and proven
- Adept in prioritizing and handle multiple priorities
- Advanced experience in MS Applications and Operating Systems
- Bachelor's Degree or post high school education with 10 plus
years’ experience within end user support application.
- Selected applicant may be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet and maintain the eligibility
requirements for access to classified information
- US Citizen
- Familiarity with LANDesk and Service Desk a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.