A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
This position will be responsible for planning, releasing, and
managing work orders for manufacturing and assembly based on demand,
material availability, work center capacity, and inventory as well
as supervising up to four production planners supporting the value
Qualifications and Experience:
- Plan production resources within operations constraints and to
fulfill demand requirements. Balance workload between planners.
- Improve OTD, PDR and PDL for the value stream.
- Work with purchasing to address any component issues.
- Work closely with BD and Customer Service on proper and timely
communication regarding lead times changes and issues with Sales
Orders. Approve ship dates on Sales Orders and assign to
Planners as appropriate.
- Create production schedule and perform capacity analysis to
ensure the schedule can be executed efficiently and without
- Review Shared Services demand and capacity with Planning
Manager for value stream.
- Maintain accurate and current information in the Item Master
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement and
- Anticipate material/ part shortages or delays and expedite as
required to eliminate project schedule impacts.
- Identify long lead procurement and fabrication needs.
- Provide material and manufacturing status reports.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government
compliance including flow downs and restrictions of manufacture.
- Ensure that the group operates in accordance with any health,
safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the
safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in manufacturing,
planning and production control experience
- Efficiency in using M2M and MS Excel required, Oracle a plus
- Possess ability to work cross-functionally across multiple
business lines with limited oversight
- Demonstrated experience with effectively managing &
prioritizing multiple deliverables
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related field (Supply-Chain,
Procurement, Finance, Accounting etc.) or equivalent work
experience and/or professional certifications.
- APICS CPIM or CIRM certification preferred.
- Specific emphasis on manufacturing work in a heavy machining
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or