A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
This position is responsible for: Assisting with developing and
maintaining all aspects of the CAES Ethics and Compliance Plan;
Overseeing CAES compliance monitoring; Managing certain CAES-wide
legal and compliance processes.
- Develop and maintain CAES’ ethics and compliance program and
yearly initiatives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to meet
FAR/DFARS and DoJ requirements. Measure ongoing
effectiveness of the ethics and compliance program.
Develop risk assessments.
- Maintain and update CAES’ Corporate Framework (incl
Appendices); manage the updating and implementing of CAES
Corporate Framework Policies (including Code of Conduct); and,
as necessary, draft and edit other policies within CAES.
Presenting policy summaries for management and Board approval.
- Oversee and manage cases reported on the Helpline system
(“Ethics Point”) relating to CAES, including responding to and
updating reporters; ensuring investigators are assigned and are
timely progressed; generating reports on open cases and
identifying case trends for purposes of identifying risk,
mitigation and training; tracking and maintaining action items
from Ethics Point cases and follow up for closure. Where
possible/practical, perform investigations.
- Oversee ethics and compliance training including developing
content, coordinating with training needs of other functions,
liaising with systems providers, and monitoring
completion. Where appropriate, deliver ethics and
- Manage due diligence/vetting/approval process for CAES
intermediaries; track and report on active intermediaries, and
coordinate reviews of intermediaries at the Sector level and
document actions and approvals. Oversee health checks on
- Support the CAES’ Business, Ethics and Compliance Committee
and manage the CAES Ethics & Compliance Working Group.
- Provide periodic reports to CAES management and board on the
CAES compliance program.
- Manage Compliance content on intranet, online training
(assignments and completions), editing and publishing Compliance
Updates, and monitoring compliance issues.
- Manage CAES delegated authorities and approval matrix.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Embracing Change
- Influence & Communication, written and verbal
- Initiative & Drive
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Managing Time & Priorities
- Problem Solving & Creativity
- Working in Teams
- Capability to operate at, and communicate to, the senior level
of the Group
- Ability to project manage
Required Experience, Attributes and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university,
inclusive of coursework in business ethics and compliance
Desired Experience, Attributes and Skills
- 5+ years related work experience in the business ethics and
- Experience interfacing with government agencies and executive
- Experience with drafting and updating compliance policies.
- Ability to analyze problems, determine corrective actions, and
drive to completion.
- Experience presenting and answering ethics and compliance
questions at the highest levels of leadership.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills, with ability
to make recommendations that will be accepted and acted upon by
- Ability to work independently and under own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Solid continuous process improvement mindset and skills.
- Strong project management experience, focused attention to
detail, and highly effective organizational, time management,
and prioritization skills.
- Highest integrity and reliability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Access, and
- Capable of holding a Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of the defense contracting industry,
FAR/DFARS and/or FCPA, UK Bribery Act
- Professional ethics and compliance certification from a
recognized accreditation authority, e.g. International
Compliance Association (ICA), Compliance Certification Board
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.