The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to
be construed as an exhaustive list of all essential functions,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties at
Customer facing Program Quality Engineering Manager reporting to the
Director of Quality Assurance and partnering with Program Management
and Contracts to provide a vital link between REMS and our customers
with a passionate focus on customer satisfaction. Participate and
accountable for complete quality life cycle management from proposal
and purchase order award processes to hardware delivery including
Returned Material Authorization (RMA).
Essential Functions and Duties
- Manage Quality engagement for Proposals and Purchase Order
review and approvals to clearly define and execute the program
quality requirements via program quality plans. Performs or
assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and
maintainability of program achievements.
- Manage RMA Warranty returns, applicable metrics and drive
holistic root cause and corrective action (RCCA) to reduce
warranty returns and costs.
- Manage Customer Scorecards and applicable Quality Initiatives
with department functional leadership.
- Plan, assign, coordinate and review the work of Quality
Assurance Engineers and/or supervisors. Adhere to
established company policies and procedures or other guidelines
as they relate to assigned area.
- Collaborate with Corrective Action Board as the Voice of the
Customer (VOC) and warranty risks
- Assist those who develop, track and report visual metrics,
including KPI’s for area; manage metrics by identifying and
solving problems, making improvements and advancing process
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates based on
organizational goals and program needs. Evaluates
performance and facilitates growth in individuals as well as
teams. Supervise, coordinate and perform a variety of
administrative staff work such as: performance evaluations; make
hiring recommendations and fill staff vacancies as needed,
recommends disciplinary actions; approve vacations and time off;
prepare work schedules and assignments; supervise the activities
of assigned personnel; monitor reports and record keeping
activities filed by assigned personnel for completeness,
accuracy and adherence to policy and procedure guidelines;
instructs staff in departmental policies and techniques and
- Lead staff to participate in product development, assuring
details are planned for to assure product producibility,
reliability and compliance to customer requirements.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety
policies and practices.
- Ensure 6S is adhered to and sustained within work areas
- Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take
initiative and actively implement improvements and instill those
characteristics in the staff.
- Collaborate in team meeting and activities, including SET team
support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Leads a team of Engineers to provide excellent Quality
Assurance for the entire company. Requires deep knowledge
of the processes used to produce product, processes used in the
development of product and the analytical use of data to take
corrective and preventive actions to improve the products and
processes to reduce warranty costs.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- 10 years' related experience in quality assurance,
manufacturing, programs or engineering.
- Must have Customer and Contracts knowledge/experience
- Leadership skills: ability to lead with integrity, honesty and
trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge
solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy,
passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage
and align all elements of the organization; ability to inspire
every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve
excellence; ability to lead, coach and mentor staff; ability to
inspire and motivate others;
- Technical skills: solid understanding of AS9100, ISO9001, IPC-A-610, IPC J-STD-001 and MIL-PRF-38534 requirements; may be required to become a green or
black belt in Six Sigma.
- Good communication skills
- Windows and/or Windows like interface using
Power Point, Excel. Word and Outlook software programs; ability
to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP;
proficient use of Fastlook and Anzio;
- Math & Analytical skills: Intermediate to advanced
mathematical skills, including geometry, and statistics; review
and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine
priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize
information to a general understanding; ability to think
abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements;
- Be organized and maintain good time management skills
- Remain engaged, proactive
and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be
fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors
and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in
others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions;
ability to work independently as well in a team environment.
- US Citizen
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in a management role
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or