A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions Inc. is actively seeking a Business
within its Radar and EW Microelectronics
Solutions (REMS) Business Unit. This role requires a
highly motivated and highly effective individual to drive new
Reporting directly to the REMS VP of Business Development, this role
will be responsible to create, identify, qualify, pursue and win new
business opportunities related to Cobham’s MMIC (GaAs, GaN, SiGe)
products and capabilities. Candidate should be comfortable
conversing in the key areas of this technology domain for Radar, EW
and other related markets with a particular emphasis on airborne,
shipboard and space applications.
In this role, Key Responsibilities
Key Measures & Milestones:
- Owning and driving all aspects of the BD/Sales pipeline from
opportunity creation/identification to opportunity closure.
- Conduct regular visits with government labs to understand
future needs and directions, and participate in technology
development at both the fabrication and application
levels. Develop and communicate effective capabilities
presentations to obtain funding from these entities.
- Identifying, developing and executing pursuit strategies and
capture plans for new business opportunities.
- Understanding market dynamics and the competitive environment
to ensure product delivery strategies are positioned to maximize
value for our customers as well as internal financial
- Owning sales order forecasting, response and follow-up to
request for quotes, opportunity pipeline and status.
Responsible as the single point of ownership for your
- Driving the business case for opportunities and briefing
pursue/no pursue and bid/no bid recommendations to senior
- Leading customer engagements related to new business
- Evaluating funding sources, competitive environment
assessment, value propositions, win strategy, technology
applicability, market dynamics, price-to win-analyses and
determination of win probability.
- Understanding and translating customer operational needs to
requirements and actions that can be addressed by the Cobham
- Work with MMIC team to create data sheets or marketing
collateral materials necessary to promote these products.
- Driving Business Development processes and effectively
communicating to senior internal and external customers.
- Contributing to internal business strategy development
including market analysis, product and technology roadmaps and
other marketing tasks.
- Identifying and influencing product and technology
requirements for current and future product developments.
- Orders funding targets and timing, pipeline growth, customer
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, plus 10 years’ experience in
MMIC Technology in a technical discipline, five of which must
have been in a management position within Program Management,
- Experience writing technical proposal for MMIC (GaAs, GaN, and
SiGe) development and production programs.
- Sound understanding of radar and EW systems
- Understanding of DoD budgeting and roadmap processes and
experience developing complementary strategic plans
- Experience with Government Acquisition Offices
- Experience with major DoD prime contractors
- Experience developing and executing capture plans for specific
- Experience leading successful structured new program pursuits
- Experience with Radar, communications and/or Electronic
- Deep understanding of customer needs and developing
requirements and strategies for development of opportunities
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong interoperability skills in dynamic environments, a team
- Willingness to travel ~35-50%
- Active Secret security clearance or previously held Secret
security clearance with ability to re-activate
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Experience selling at mid-tier and component level – RF
systems, IMA, and LRU
- Established relationships with DoD and defense contractor
- Multilingual a plus
- Local to Richardson, TX; Forsyth, MO; or San Diego, CA; or
ability to relocate
- Understanding of MMIC (GaAs, GaN, SiGe) insertion into
Radars, Communications and/or Electronic Warfare market
including current and projected requirements and programs
- Advanced degree in a technical field or business
administration or management
- Demonstrate Cobham’s SPIRIT values (Safety/Security,
Performance, Innovation, Relationships, Integrity, Trust)
- Demonstrated competency in Cobham’s functional competencies
for BD/Sales and Program Management
- An authentic and believable leader who communicates with
conviction and humility and is able to engender trust throughout
- A natural communicator and influencer, using such strengths in
often difficult and complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- Enthusiasm for building high-performing teams.
- An approachable, hands-on and “roll up the sleeves” management
style with attention to detail. Keen business judgement
with the ability to provide fresh, proactive insight.
- A willingness to be out among the employees and the customers
listening to their ideas and concerns while gaining their trust
- A communication style which instills confidence and can cross
- An entrepreneurial orientation, yet with the skills and savvy
to work within the existing company culture and help to evolve
into the desired culture.
- Flexibility and problem-solving capabilities
- High energy level and strong action orientation.
- US Citizenship
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for
access to classified information.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.