A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
We are seeking a talented Regional Sales Manager
to join our
growing team. This is a remote position and can be located anywhere
in the Northeast US.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Account ownership in the Northeast Territory responsible to
meet forecasted business metrics for 6 business sites within
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions.
- Build relationships at key accounts with a focus on driving
new business with stakeholders both at customer sites and
internally at the business units.
- Manage and drive manufacturer representatives within the
territory to maximize account coverage with a focus on meeting
- Assist Area sales manager in assessing performance of
manufactures representatives participating in QBRs and driving a
mindset oriented towards new designs and sales growth.
- Work closely with FAE’s and factory technical resources to
define key target accounts and setup recurring visits with a
focus on new design wins and achieving business metrics.
- Work with Business Area BD Leads, Area Sales Managers and
Manufacture Reps to maximize the teams overall efficiency and
ROI for demand creation activity.
- Provide monthly bookings forecasts, opportunity management
(business funnel), bookings attack list.
- Provide annual forecast data with a focus on accuracy of order
- Maintain SFDC database of opportunities and pursuits with a
focus on database integrity.
- Support initiatives such as market wide or customer site
seminars and trainings, technical sales programs and technical
marketing program with each Business Area Manager.
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time to support
customer meetings and onsite company events.
- You must wake up every day with a passion to beat sales goals
not just meet them. A competitive winning attitude is a
must have for this position.
- Ability to manage a large territory with multiple key
stakeholders driving towards aggressive sales metrics with
- +10 Years hands-on industry experience
- Experience with RFMW systems, sub-assemblies and components is
required (e.g. AESA’s, RFIC’s, IMA’s, MMIC’s, Waveguides, Rotary
Joints, connectorized components, cables, etc..).
- Articulate and have the ability to properly represent self and
company when conducting briefings and presentations.
- Ability to manage critical customer situations and direct the
appropriate resources to solve problems so you can move onto new
business is highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Remain current with latest technologies, trends, and DoD
- Understands contract negotiation process and who to bring in
from factory to get to closure.
- Customer-service oriented with a focus on new programs/design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience utilizing a CRM system (SFDC).
- Millimeter Wave experience a plus.
- General digital/analog semiconductor design or sales
background (uP, uC’, FPGA, ASIC’s, CCA services) a plus.
- Knowledge in Radiation Hardened Space products and/or
Military/Aerospace domains a plus.
- Experience managing technical support resources and sales rep
- Ability to be responsive to emails or calls after hours for
critical, time sensitive situations.
- Energetic, positive attitude, motivated, outgoing,
collaborative, dynamic, proactive, hard-working, and driven
- Superior organization and time management skills, including
ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BSEE/BSME) or Business
Management, an advanced degree is a plus (MSEE/MSME/MBA)
- Teamwork – must be a team player and work well with all
members of his/her immediate team and cross-company colleagues.
- Communication – it is critical that the RSM be able to have
direct communications towards meeting the goals of the
team. Must be able to have direct conversations with key
support stakeholders if they are not meeting expectations that
drive towards the team’s goals. The ultimate outcome of direct
communication is a more highly functioning, productive team.
- Advocacy – this role requires understanding and advocating for
the company’s overall goals and expectations of the team and
being committed to doing their part in achieving these goals and
- Continuous Improvement – must have a ‘growth mind-set’ and be
open to change including seeking out and implementing new
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.