A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Program Manager
to lead and direct all
phases of programs/projects from inception through completion, and
participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. The
Program Manager will act as primary customer contact for program
activities, leading program review sessions with customers in
coordination with internal team members to discuss cost, schedule,
and technical issues. The program manager will manage
multiple projects to deliver the agreed scope within planned
quality, time and cost parameters to satisfy the specified
requirements and drive for customer and stakeholder
satisfaction. The position is located in Exeter, N.H.
As the Program Manager
your key responsibilities will
- Defines the objectives and strategies of the program or
projects, to include strategic and company objectives consistent
with customer and contractual requirements.
- Develops and implements effective customer communications
plans to provide timely communications, represent the voice of
customer, build customer relationships, define customer
objectives, and manage customer satisfaction.
- Controls the timely start and completion of program tasks to
assure fulfillment of program cost and schedule objectives.
- Coordinates the program activities with cognizant support
- Assures the optimum utilization of manpower and program
- Assures effective management of subcontracts and execution of
the program material plan.
- Conducts regular reviews of program performance, evaluating
the current and projected status against the approved plan.
- Develops and Implements a proactive risk management plan in
coordination with program/project teams.
- Assures regular team identification, mitigation planning and
review of program risks, both during the program-planning phase
and regularly during program execution.
- Assures regular team identification, action planning, closure
and review of program issues.
- Establishes an objective roadmap for creating new business
opportunities from the present program.
- Manages customer satisfaction to assure a high rate of
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the program
team and with stakeholders.
- Set up and operate the governance for the program within
life-cycle management framework.
- Advanced MS Project, PowerPoint and Excel proficiency, basic
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and high-velocity environment.
- Strong understanding of business finance and business case
- Travel, 10 – 15%.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years’ work experience in a related
discipline within the DoD industry or a Master's Degree with 3+
- Experience managing $500,000+ development and production
- Program Management experience directing production
programs/projects from inception through completion.
- Experience leading proposal teams and developing proposals,
participating in negotiations of contract and contract changes,
and developing/managing business plans for assigned programs.
- Strong knowledge of DoD Program Management standards and
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
program management excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, motivation,
- Must be a U.S. Citizen eligible for a DoD Security Clearance
- Familiarity with information / business management systems and
- Experience managing $500,000+ US Defense related development
and production programs.
- 5+ years as a Program Manager on RF/Microwave production
programs within the DoD industry.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- CAPM (certified associate in program management) or PMI/PMP
- Experience leading/managing projects over $1M in scope
- Proven success of on-time/on-budget project delivery.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to
achieve the right outcomes.
- Good facilitator/mediator able to resolve conflict.
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement tools and
- Commercially and contractually aware.
- Active DoD clearance
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.