Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for Senior Antenna Engineer.
This role is to provide Microwave and RF antenna and electronic design support to the Antenna Systems Group.
This role is based in Newmarket
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Senior Antenna Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering or a related subject
- Several years of experience of RF design and a solid theoretical underpinning in Electromagnetic and circuit theory
- Experience of electronic computer aided design tools such as the Advanced Design
- System or Microwave Office is helpful.
- Ideally you will be familiar with one or more electromagnetic solvers (for example
- CST MWS, FEKO, HFSS). Antenna design experience would be beneficial and active and passive RF and Microwave circuit design an advantage
- Previous experience of antenna measurement within anechoic chambers and open ranges would be useful but not essential as training will be given
- Additionally, you will be familiar with RF test and measurement equipment such as Vector Network Analysers and Spectrum Analysers
- A good team player with the required experience and the ability to liaise confidently at all levels
As a Senior Antenna Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Antenna design, Microwave and RF electronic design, PCB layout
- Antenna circuit simulation
- System level design, including concept development, requirements capture
- Development and verification within a defined budget and timescale
- Leading a variety of design led projects
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page