Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Production Operative (Mechanical and Avionics) to assemble aerospace antennas and associated products in accordance with supplied design data and drawings. To provide flexible resource to manufacturing to enable the achievement of cost, quality and delivery targets.
Roles would suit a recent apprentice or entry level assembly candidates
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
At Cobham Aerospace Connectivity, we design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Production Operative your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Electronics background or light manufacturing experience is desirable.
- A good awareness of SHE issues.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good timekeeping skills.
As a Production Operative your main responsibilities will involve:
- Carry out assembly of production kits using relevant assembly documentation and sequence of operations in performing tasks such as drilling and component installation.
- Observe all necessary SHE regulations.
- Operate test and measurement equipment and correctly interpret results enabling inspection of completed units to the required ISO Quality Standard.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork pertaining to each job is completed in full and the immediate work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Carry out tasks as delegated by the relevant Production Supervisor.
- Provide feedback about product build aspects, highlighting issues as appropriate.
- Suggest continuous improvements.
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Antenna Systems develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.