Cobham Antenna Systems are looking for a Senior Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer
The Senior Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer will be responsible for the planning and execution of all ILS elements during system specification, design, production, deployment, maintenance and retirement. The ILS Engineer will serve as the focal point for all matters regarding Integrated Logistics Support towards the customer as well as within the project to other project functions and subcontractors. You will work in closely with the sourcing and system design / engineering departments as well as with the Project Management.
The role would suit an individual who is educated to HNC/HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline or has broad practical and theoretical engineering experience. Knowledge of Through Life Support contracting is considered essential and the candidate will need to demonstrate experience of working in a Supportability discipline.
This role is based in Marlow
At Cobham Antenna Systems, we design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As the Senior Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree Qualified in an engineering or science discipline
- Experience working with Reliability prediction software (Relex or similar)
- An understanding of export compliance classification (desirable)
- Competent in all areas of MS Office, including report writing
Knowledge of engineering drawings.
Knowledge of defence standards for supportability and related specifications ASD S1000D for technical publications and S2000M for provisioning and spares management.
Experience of engineering systems and maintenance would be an advantage.
Verbal and written communications abilities will be necessary.
Practical application of FMEA/FMECA and Reliability Predictions and Cases is highly desirable.
Knowledge of ILS principles is highly desirable and experience in the use of ILS techniques would be advantageous.
Experience of supportability analysis and performance based logistic support contracting would be advantageous.
As the Senior Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer your main responsibilities will involve
- Availability, Reliability & Maintainability.
- Supportability Analysis as required in Reliability Analyses on mechanical and electrical products through Reliability and Maintainability Predictions, FMEA and other appropriate techniques.
- To provide Engineering reports on the results of the techniques listed above.
- To assist with the definition and development of product support engineering capability, as required by performance based logistic support contracts.
- To co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
About Cobham Antenna Systems
Cobham Antenna Systems develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military,Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.