Cobham Aviation Services UK has recently been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO. This will provide realistic training in EW to the member countries, in order to be able to operate in a real time situation. Based in Bournemouth Airport, CAVs UK is actively recruiting for Mechanical Development Engineer This is an exciting opportunity for engineers looking to build on their current experience in an interesting and challenging area.
We currently have a requirement for an RF Design Engineer. You will be directly responsible to the Electronics Design Team Lead – Technology, implementing RF Design activities in support of all deliverable products required to satisfy the NATO JEWCS contract.
The prime location is the Cobham Aviation Services facility located at Christchurch, Dorset
As the RF Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Essential Personal Skill & Attributes
• Bachelor Degree in Science/Technology or suitable equivalent
• Cleared to or have the ability to be cleared to SC
• Good knowledge of current RF technologies – Solid State Amplifiers, high speed switches etc…
• Good knowledge of digital signal processing of RF and Baseband signals
• Good knowledge of modern RF Test equipment – VNA, RF Power Meter, RF Signal generator, RF Spectrum Analyser
• Knowledge of High Power RF Antenna Systems
• Experience of deriving system level requirements from High Level customer requirements
• Experience of developing, writing and implementing test and verification plans for sub-systems and complete systems.
• Experience of writing technical requirements for connectorised RF components & sub-systems
• Experience of evaluating technical proposals from suppliers of RF components & sub-systems
• Experience in Project life-cycle delivery from bids to operation
• Computer literate – MS Office Software
Desirable Personal Skill & Attributes
• Hands on RF design and simulation software desirable
• Knowledge of Industry Standards – ISO 9001, AS9100, Def Stan 00-56, DO178 etc…
• Knowledge of UK Civil Aviation Regulations – CAA/EASA
• Experience of design or manufacturing in the aviation industry
• Experience in Quality Management System management within an aviation environment
• Experience in Safety Management System management within an aviation or engineering environment
• Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills – Ability to interface and effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external customers at all levels
• Excellent problem solving skills, utilising experience, sound judgment and interpersonal skills
• Excellent Time Management Skills, with the ability to achieve deadlines
• Maintain high levels of integrity, work ethic and confidentiality and use discretion appropriately.
• Self-motivated, resilient with the ability to hold their own.
• Consistently demonstrate a commitment to Company values
As the RF Design Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
• Design and develop RF sub-systems for new EW equipment
• Use design expertise to create RF design solutions to EW engineering problems, particularly those relating to operational requirements for Radar Jammers and Simulators for NATO JEWCS.
• Develop and maintain some knowledge of International Radar and Communications equipment types and function to enable solutions to EW engineering problems to be achieved.
• Carry out peer review of designs and technical proposals authored by other engineers from an RF point of view.
• Comply with Cobham Safety Standards
• Maintain positive and constructive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and customers
Cobham Special Mission
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.