Cobham is seeking an Accountant I. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Apply cash receipts to customer accounts.
- Be responsible for monthly cash forecast.
- Contact customers regarding account payment status.
- Actively work past due receivables.
- Work with auditors as required.
- Verify accuracy of accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., accounts receivable, disbursements, and receipts).
- Enter data into computer system using defined computer programs; compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconcile records with internal company employees and management or external vendors or customers.
- Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies and investigate questionable data.
- May reconcile bank and financial statements/reports.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance.
- 1+ years accounting experience.
- Experience with financial and accounting principles.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Outlook.
- Experience with data entry/data management.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable.
- Experience with collections.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers