Cobham is seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer that will perform engineering within a dynamic and multifunctional team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the Aircraft Systems Engineering team and a diverse line of Life Support and Aerial Refueling products for defense and commercial aerospace. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Perform detailed analysis and assessment of mechanical and electromechanical designs to identify and document reliability, maintainability and safety considerations.
- Develop reliability program plans, perform reliability analysis, apportion failure rates, generate reliability predictions and reports, analyze production and field data to identify reliability improvement opportunities.
- Utilize the company Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
- Conduct and document Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA/FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis.
- Support Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Perform systems and subsystems safety hazard analysis, assign hazard rating, develop mitigation strategies, actively track and manage hazards to acceptable risk levels.
- Perform maintainability analysis, identify preventative maintenance activities and cycle times, ensure customer maintenance requirements are met and support customer maintenance demonstrations.
- Generate proposals, RM&S; estimates and support Total Cost of Ownership or Life Cycle Cost predictions.
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams for collaborative design and project execution coordination.
- Make independent judgments regarding technical issues and recommendation to improve company processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology discipline from an ABET accredited institution.
- 7 years' experience as an RM&S; engineer or equivalent role.
- Experience performing reliability predications and analysis for defense or commercial aerospace systems.
- Experienced using PTC/Relex Reliability Prediction software.
- Experience participating in periodic program reviews with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate emerging reliability concerns to engineering leadership.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience utilizing reliability standards or equivalent standards such as MIL-STD-217, MIL-STD-756, NSWC-10, MIL-HDBK-781, MIL-HDBK-189, MIL-STD-1629, SAE JA1000, and ANSII GEIA-STD-009.
- Certified Reliability Professional (CRP) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE).
- Ability to perform safety and hazard analysis per MIL-STD-882, SAE ARP4761 or equivalent standards.
- Ability to perform maintainability analysis per MIL-HDBK-470, 472 or equivalent.
- Ability to perform Human Factors engineering analysis per MIL-HDBK-1472 or equivalent.
- Strong statistical analysis and pragmatic problem solving skills.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers